The pilot, based on a late-'90s British series of the same name, is about a detective who has a disorder that causes hallucinations and unusually vivid dreams, as well as intermittent vision loss. Clive Owen played the part in the original.
In the CBS version, written by Michael Cuesta ("Homeland") and his brother Gerald, Lee's character is a detective in New Orleans. His doctor assures him his condition won't lead to blindness, and his hallucinations are a "gift" from his subconscious.
In other words, he'll "see" things he didn't really see to help him solve his cases.
Similar News Items"Homeland" (2011)
- Trailer Watch: Women Directors Step in Front of the Camera in “Seeing Is Believing” (From Women and Hollywood. 23 June 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Get in the Ring: How 'Glow' Recreates the Golden Age of Lady-Wrestling TV (From Rolling Stone. 23 June 2017, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- 'Glow': 5 Things to Know Before Watching Netflix's Female Wrestling Series (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 22 June 2017, 12:46 PM, PDT)
Clive Owen (I)
- Luc Besson says there’s no financial risk with Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: Amsterdamned Blu-ray, Comet TV July Contest, Captain Kronos Comic Book, Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets (From DailyDead. 22 June 2017, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Go behind the scenes of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets with new featurette (From Flickeringmyth. 19 June 2017, 6:55 AM, PDT)
"My Name Is Earl" (2005)
- Lauren Graham's Linda From Hr Pilot 'Still in Consideration' at Fox (From TVLine.com. 15 May 2017, 6:04 AM, PDT)
- CBS TV Studios Exec Karyn Smith-Forge Joins Verve as TV Agent (From Variety - TV News. 24 April 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Michael Landes Joins Lauren Graham's Fox Comedy Pilot Linda From Hr, Replacing White Collar's Tim DeKay (From TVLine.com. 29 March 2017, 10:45 AM, PDT)