This year's Oscars is all about celebrating the legacy of film. In addition to honoring the James Bond film series, the 85th Academy Awards will also celebrate the last decade of movie musicals.
This news started with the announcement that the cast of "Chicago" would reunite on the Oscars stage on Feb. 24. Now show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Moran have revealed that musicals from the past 10 years will be honored with performances highlighting Oscar winners and nominees "Chicago," "Dreamgirls," and "Les Miserables," and that the actors in those movies will be involved.
"We are pleased to have been able to amass so much talent to create the celebration of musicals of the last decade that we envisioned," Zadan and Meron say in a statement. "We are thrilled that so many talented actors have agreed to bring our vision to life."
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Exclusive Featurette: 'Pan' (From Fandango. 7 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara, Garrett Hedlund and Director Joe Wright on the Making of Pan (From CineMovie. 7 October 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: Jay Leno Returns to 'Tonight,' Nina Dobrev's 'Pile High Club,' Lady Gaga's Favorite Shows (From Moviefone. 7 October 2015, 12:10 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway-Starrer ‘Colossal’ Ignites Voltage, Brightlight Sales Deal (From Variety - Film News. 7 October 2015, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Giveaway – Win The Intern Soundtrack (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 October 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- How Women in Hollywood Are Finally Taking a Stand Against Sexism (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 5 Pieces of Must-Know Casting News (From Backstage. 7 October 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- The Martian review – Matt Damon shines as stranded astronaut (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 October 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- The best films of Ridley Scott’s career (From Hollywoodnews.com. 2 October 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)