This year's Oscars is all about celebrating the legacy of film. In addition to honoring the James Bond film series, the 85th Academy Awards will also celebrate the last decade of movie musicals.
This news started with the announcement that the cast of "Chicago" would reunite on the Oscars stage on Feb. 24. Now show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Moran have revealed that musicals from the past 10 years will be honored with performances highlighting Oscar winners and nominees "Chicago," "Dreamgirls," and "Les Miserables," and that the actors in those movies will be involved.
"We are pleased to have been able to amass so much talent to create the celebration of musicals of the last decade that we envisioned," Zadan and Meron say in a statement. "We are thrilled that so many talented actors have agreed to bring our vision to life."
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Hugh Jackman Does Clapping Pushups As Part Of his ‘Wolverine’ Workout [Watch Video] (From Uinterview. 29 July 2016, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Watch Hugh Jackman's Insane (and Wolverine-Approved) Workout in 1 Minute (From E! Online. 27 July 2016, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez and More to Headline Star-Studded 2016 Global Citizen Festival (From PEOPLE.com. 26 July 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Barbra Streisand And Hugh Jackman Join Forces For New Duet ‘Any Moment Now’ (From ET Canada. 29 July 2016, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Nerve’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 July 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Director/ writer/ actor Gary Marshall dies at age 81 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 July 2016, 9:49 PM, PDT)
- 5 Actors Who Almost Played Jason Bourne (From We Got This Covered. 29 July 2016, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: Chris Evans Touted as 'Jekyll'; Meryl Streep May Join 'Mary Poppins 2' (From Movies.com. 29 July 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Chris Evans Will Show A New Side With ‘Jekyll’ (From The Playlist. 29 July 2016, 12:59 PM, PDT)