Writing in The Daily Beast, Deen complained that Schrader had not shown respect for him throughout the shoot.
"Paul has an ego. He was described to me as a hyper-intelligent creative genius with various issues... [our producer Braxton Pope] seemed worried about me not wanting to feed Paul's ego.
"Through the whole the film, there was not one moment where I felt he respected me as a person. I did, however, feel as if he respected my acting abilities."
He nonetheless praised Schrader's talent as a director, writing: "Love him or hate him, Paul is a genius... He was my director, and I will follow him to the ends of the earth. I hope my performance was of the calibre »
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Castle Star Stana Katic Is Married! (From Popsugar. 27 April 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Covers Butt in a Lohan Way in Sexy Photo Shoot and Offers Explanation for That Arabic Post (From E! Online. 24 April 2015, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Accidentally Tells Fans “You’re A Donkey” On Instagram (From Uinterview. 22 April 2015, 9:08 AM, PDT)
James Deen (II)
- Who could be going into the Celebrity Big Brother house? All the rumours (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 April 2015, 6:11 AM, PDT)
- U.K.’s ‘Social Media’ Election Trumped by Old Media Coverage (From Variety - TV News. 29 April 2015, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night | Blu-Ray Review (From ioncinema. 28 April 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Paul Schrader (I)
- Time Machine: Academy Award winner Reznor and Wife on Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 1 May 2015, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- New on Video: ‘Sullivan’s Travels’ (From SoundOnSight. 28 April 2015, 6:50 PM, PDT)
- Why 1998 Was the Best Year In Film History (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)