Writing in The Daily Beast, Deen complained that Schrader had not shown respect for him throughout the shoot.
"Paul has an ego. He was described to me as a hyper-intelligent creative genius with various issues... [our producer Braxton Pope] seemed worried about me not wanting to feed Paul's ego.
"Through the whole the film, there was not one moment where I felt he respected me as a person. I did, however, feel as if he respected my acting abilities."
He nonetheless praised Schrader's talent as a director, writing: "Love him or hate him, Paul is a genius... He was my director, and I will follow him to the ends of the earth. I hope my performance was of the calibre »
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- LiLo sued for $5 million (From RealBollywood. 22 May 2013, 3:04 AM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan sued for $5M over 'drug addled image' (From Pop2it. 21 May 2013, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Casting Couch: Diane Keaton and Morgan Freeman to Finally Eliminate Their One Degree of Separation, Anthony Hopkins Joins ‘Gotti,’ and More (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 May 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
James Deen (II)
- James Deen Has Friends, Thinks Working With Lindsay Lohan Was ‘Fantastic’ (From Vulture. 17 January 2013, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Bret Easton Ellis Writing L.A.-set Noir for Paul Schrader, Wants Porn Star James Deen for Lead (From Slash Film. 23 January 2012, 2:00 PM, PST)
Paul Schrader (I)
- Cannes 2013 roundup | Tom Lamont (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 May 2013, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- Multiple Trailers for ‘The Canyons’ Play Up Noir Elements (From Variety - Film News. 2 May 2013, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- “How Do You Get Anybody to See It?” Paul Schrader on Taxi Driver and 21st Century Filmmaking (t) (From Filmmaker Magazine_Director Interviews (t). 24 April 2013, 9:00 AM, PDT)