Living in Britain can be extremely useful for those who observe popular culture and, thus, the sociology behind it. Pop culture, as the name suggests, connotes that which has ‘mass’ appeal and a multi-national audience / following. Despite an increasingly globalised world, it is still America us mere mortals look to for our pop culture guidance, its key arenas being television, film and music. The UK is a country that is very much ‘Americanised’ (Americanized?) R&B; Hollywood blockbusters; The Californian up-speak. Hell! There’s even a Krispy Kreme opening here in Edinburgh this week!
Even still, it is fascinating to me the international gulf that still exists in television programming between the two, increasingly, homogenising nations.
However, despite our differences, the purpose of this article is to attempt to extract some sort of socio-cultural understanding as to why the two countries are so vastly different television broadcasters. After all, much »
- Dene Walker
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Matt Damon Reveals Bourne Sequel Plot Details (From Worst Previews. 29 August 2015, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- It's National Bow Tie Day: See Justin Timberlake, Jay Z and More Stars Rocking the Trend (From E! Online. 28 August 2015, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- President Obama, Shane Smith Visit With Prison Inmates In Vice Doc Trailer (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 August 2015, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- MTV Vma telecast: What time do the Video Music Awards start? (From Gold Derby. 30 August 2015, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- MTV Vma predictions: Taylor Swift will tie record with eight wins, Bruno Mars will take two (From Gold Derby. 28 August 2015, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Best Dressed Ever at the MTV VMAs—Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lopez & More! (From E! Online. 28 August 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)
"American Horror Story" (2011)
- Ryan Murphy teases two seasons of American Horror Story in 2016 and possible Jessica Lange return (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘American Horror Story’ May Have Two Seasons in 2016 (From Slash Film. 29 August 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Are Back Together After Their Breakup (From Popsugar. 29 August 2015, 9:29 AM, PDT)