Producer Cameron Mackintosh planning to storm New York barricades with third run of stage musical after success of film
Les Misérables is heading back to Broadway, more than a decade after the original New York production closed its doors.
Following the success of Tom Hooper's film adaptation, producer Cameron Mackintosh revealed yesterday that he would take the 25th anniversary production of Les Misérables to New York in 2014. Neither dates nor a specific venue has been announced, but Mackintosh said the musical would play at a theatre owned by the Shubert Organisation.
It means a third New York outing for Alain Boublil, Jean-Marc Natel and Claude-Michel Schönberg's musical, which initially launched there in 1987, two years after the RSC's original production transferred to the West End. While the London show is still going strong, Les Misérables lasted 16 years on Broadway, closing in 2003.
However, it returned three years later – a move »
- Matt Trueman
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- If Hugh Jackman Could Change One Thing About Wolverine’s Saga, It’d Be To Include The Iconic Yellow Suit (From We Got This Covered. 23 May 2017, 8:57 AM, PDT)
- Logan Director Reflects On Decision To Cut Jean Grey From Wolverine’s Last Hurrah (From We Got This Covered. 23 May 2017, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- May 23rd Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Get Out, Logan, Xx, The Vagrant (From DailyDead. 22 May 2017, 7:30 PM, PDT)
Tom Hooper (II)
- Monte Carlo TV Fest to Open With Sony’s ‘Absentia’; Helen Mirren to Be Honored (From Variety - TV News. 9 May 2017, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- The Journey Review (From HeyUGuys. 2 May 2017, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Berlin Review: Geoffrey Rush Shines in Stanley Tucci’s Elegant But Unambitious ‘Final Portrait’ (From The Film Stage. 11 February 2017, 9:07 AM, PST)
Les Misérables (2012)
- Anne Hathaway Puts Her Vocal Talents on Display While Singing Google Translated Songs (From E! Online. 18 April 2017, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- Fun Logan Video Presents A Very Different, More Musical Ending To Wolverine’s Saga (From We Got This Covered. 14 April 2017, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway on Her Husband: "His Love Has Changed Me" (From Popsugar. 14 March 2017, 9:07 AM, PDT)