UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 15th - Sunday 17th February 2013...
Despite mixed to downright atrocious reviews, Bruce Willis' latest outing as terrorist killing machine John McClane opened in first place at the UK box office, with A Good Day to Die Hard pulling in a solid £4,551,116 (including one day of preview screenings totalling £1.28m). That figure is almost on par with the previous instalment Die Hard 4.0 (which banked £5.01m from a five-day opening, with £1.59m from previews), and must be a relief for Willis after the disappointing performance of the latest films from fellow action veterans Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Last Stand) and Sylvester Stallone (Bullet to the Head), although in fairness it will have been helped immeasurably by the name recognition of the Die Hard brand, and the 12A certificate.
Despite slipping to second, Disney's Wreck-It Ralph banked another £3.44m in its »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- [Media] - "Terminator: Genesis" The First Set Photos have arrived! (From OhMyGore. 18 January 2038, 8:14 PM, PST)
- J.K. Simmons Stands as a Frontrunner For the Upcoming Oscars (From Scott Feinberg. 30 September 2014, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- DVD Release: The Wonder Years: The Complete Series (From Disc Dish. 29 September 2014, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Re-Animator: The Musical Returns in Time for Halloween (From DailyDead. 30 September 2014, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Rumer Willis Gets "Sauce" Tattoo in Honor of Sisters Scout and Tallulah: See the Pics! (From E! Online. 29 September 2014, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Resurrection Season 2 Premiere Recap: Exit Wounds (From TVLine.com. 28 September 2014, 7:01 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Eva Longoria & Mario Lopez To Co-Host The '2014 Nclr Alma Awards®' (From LatinoReview. 30 September 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- Eva Longoria, Mario Lopez to Co-Host Alma Awards Honoring ‘Orange Is the New Black’ and Guillermo del Toro (From The Wrap. 30 September 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Cameras Start Rolling on A Monster Calls (From Cinelinx. 30 September 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)