UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 15th - Sunday 17th February 2013...
Despite mixed to downright atrocious reviews, Bruce Willis' latest outing as terrorist killing machine John McClane opened in first place at the UK box office, with A Good Day to Die Hard pulling in a solid £4,551,116 (including one day of preview screenings totalling £1.28m). That figure is almost on par with the previous instalment Die Hard 4.0 (which banked £5.01m from a five-day opening, with £1.59m from previews), and must be a relief for Willis after the disappointing performance of the latest films from fellow action veterans Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Last Stand) and Sylvester Stallone (Bullet to the Head), although in fairness it will have been helped immeasurably by the name recognition of the Die Hard brand, and the 12A certificate.
Despite slipping to second, Disney's Wreck-It Ralph banked another £3.44m in its »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- The Curse Of The Second Half Ruins A Potentially Explosive Sequel – Subhash K Jha reviews Ghayal Once Again (From Bollyspice. 9 February 2016, 2:22 AM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Deadpool’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 February 2016, 9:00 PM, PST)
- The new Coca-Cola advert: they don’t just want your money, they want your heart (From The Guardian - TV News. 6 February 2016, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Precious Cargo Adds Bruce Willis as a Crime Boss in Hollywood Studios’ Steven Saxton Produced Action Film (From ShockYa. 10 February 2016, 5:58 PM, PST)
- Dang, Bruce Willis, How Did You Get So Good at Bowling? (From Vulture. 9 February 2016, 7:15 AM, PST)
- Demi Moore Celebrates Tallulah Willis' Birthday With All Daughters and Gets Gift That May Make Moms Cry (From E! Online. 6 February 2016, 2:41 PM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- When Romance Goes Horror-ibly Wrong (From Movies.com. 10 February 2016, 5:34 PM, PST)
- The Art Of Doom Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 10 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Crimson Peak Blu-ray Giveaway (From CinemaNerdz. 10 February 2016, 2:00 AM, PST)