Assuming I haven't been run out of town on a rail by you Dreadies after the first two films on this list, I'll carry on with the next entry. It's completely coincidental that two of the first three films on this list are directed by Wes Craven; the dude just made some badass films.
And perhaps none more badass than A Nightmare on Elm Street.
"Whatever you do, don't fall asleep."
Before he introduced the world to the horrors of Elm Street, Wes Craven had already established himself as a masterful horror writer/director with the releases of such films as The Last House on the Left in 1972, The Hills Have Eyes in ’77 and Swamp Thing in ’82, but it wasn’t until November 9, 1984, when Craven unleashed a horribly burned, supernatural child-killer named Freddy Krueger on the world in A Nightmare on Elm Street, that he became iconic. »
- Doctor Gash
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Watch: 'Black Mass' Director Scott Cooper Dissects Whitey Bulger's Bloody Rise to the Top (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 August 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- 'Black Mass' Producers on Johnny Depp's Awards Plans, Tom Cruise's Power and Why Relativity Failed (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 August 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Top 10 Oscar forum posts: First win for Johnny Depp ('Black Mass') or #3 for Tom Hanks ('Bridge of Spies')? (From Gold Derby. 26 August 2015, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Supergravity Pictures Hires Development Execs Cody Zwieg, Mike Flavin (From Tubefilter News. 27 August 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Galaxy Quest Series Lands at Amazon (From TVLine.com. 27 August 2015, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- The top 20 underappreciated films of 1986 (From Den of Geek. 26 August 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
Jackie Earle Haley
- The Beatles’ ‘Help!’ Turns 50 and How They Almost Starred in ‘Lord of the Rings’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2015, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- U.N.C.L.E.: Will International Moviegoers Save WB's Domestic Box Office Flop? (From Alt Film Guide. 19 August 2015, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- 93 movie remakes and reboots currently in the works (From Den of Geek. 19 August 2015, 2:05 AM, PDT)