In his novel "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah," author Richard Bach (best known for "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"), writes, "If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats."
That idea is taken to an extreme in the drama "Cult," premiering Tuesday, Feb. 19, on The CW.
The idea of a story within a story is not new, but in "Cult," there's the "fictional" world, the "real" world and a world that lies somewhere between the two.
When the events and characters of a tale enter the mind of a reader, listener or viewer, they blend with the memories, attitudes and personality already there, creating a version of the story that exists for that person alone.
But some stories, for whatever reason, have a strong influence on many minds. While it's usually benign, there's always »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- ‘Man Down’ Trailer: Shia Labeouf Saw Some Things in the War That You Just Wouldn’t Understand, Man (From Indiewire. 25 October 2016, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jessica Jones’ Hires All Women Directors for Season 2, Showrunner Says (From Variety - TV News. 22 October 2016, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- New Movie Trailers: 'Nocturnal Animals,' 'Frank & Lola' and 'Pet' (From Movies.com. 21 October 2016, 8:30 PM, PDT)
"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Blake Lively's Birthday Celebration for Ryan Reynolds Leaves Taylor Swift "Drowning in Tears of Joy" (From E! Online. 25 October 2016, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life: Netflix Unveils Official (Seasonal) Posters (From TVLine.com. 18 October 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Spotted: Nostalgic Gossip Girl Halloween Costumes (From BuzzSugar. 17 October 2016, 6:10 PM, PDT)
"Sons of Anarchy" (2008)
- The clock resets in first look at ’24: Legacy’ (From The Hollywood News. 25 October 2016, 11:39 PM, PDT)
- Horror film 'Abattoir' acquired by Momentum Pictures (From MoreHorror. 25 October 2016, 10:13 PM, PDT)
- ‘Rectify’ Creator Ray McKinnon Talks Endings, Inspirations and Challenges of Show’s Final Season (From Variety - TV News. 25 October 2016, 9:38 PM, PDT)