New York -- Someone is dreaming the dream: "Les Miserables" is coming back to Broadway.
Producer Cameron Mackintosh said Tuesday that the national tour of the epic musical about life in 19th-century France will make a stop on Broadway in March 2014 at a Shubert theater.
It will mark the third time the show has made it to Broadway. The original landed in 1987 and played 6,680 performances, ranking as the third-longest-running musical in Broadway history. A revival was mounted in 2006 but closed in 2008.
Mackintosh, who has also been involved in producing "The Phantom of the Opera," "Mary Poppins," "Miss Saigon" and "Cats," is betting that the appetite for "Les Miserables" will only be increased by the movie. History has shown he might be right: Film version of »
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- 'Catwoman' Covers "Elle" (From SneakPeek. 21 October 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)
- Gotham 1.2 Blog: Selina Kyle Review [Contains Spoilers] (From The Hollywood News. 21 October 2014, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Diane von Furstenberg Hangs Out With Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez and More—See Dvf's Famous Friends! (From E! Online. 20 October 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch the Honest Trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- X-men: Days Of Future Past Gets An Honest Trailer (From ComicBookMovie. 21 October 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 10 Ridiculous Ways Superheroes Were Resurrected (From Obsessed with Film. 20 October 2014, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- Kim Basinger Joins Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe in 'Nice Guys' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 October 2014, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Casting News Round-up: Lenny Henry, Keith David, Dondre Whitfield, Tobi Bakare, Stephen “tWitch” Boss (From ShadowAndAct. 21 October 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- 'Nice Guys' Casts Keith David and Beau Knapp as the Bad Guys (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)