By Carson Blackwelder
In 2009, ABC launched a quirky, revolutionary sitcom called Modern Family.
Since then, the ensemble of stellar actors and writers has created four seasons of a show that initially broke boundaries but has slowly become mundane, as its once revolutionary plots and characters have faded into vogue.
This season, NBC launched a show from creators Ali Adler and Ryan Murphy titled The New Normal. The series follows a single mother (Georgia King) as she becomes a surrogate for a homosexual couple (Justin Bartha and Andrew Rannells).
But despite their topicality, ratings for both series have been declining.
Modern Family premiered to an audience of 12.6 million viewers and has remained in a steady fluctuation for the past four seasons. »
- Carson Blackwelder
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 6/24/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 June 2017, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- David Oyelowo to voice Scar in Disney’s The Lion Guard (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 7:56 AM, PDT)
- Downward Dog Cancelled at ABC (From TVLine.com. 23 June 2017, 3:18 PM, PDT)
Ryan Murphy (I)
- ‘Feud’ Stars Susan Sarandon, Jessica Lange on Plight of Hollywood Women: ‘We Were Aged Out’ (From The Wrap. 24 June 2017, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Prepare to Have Your Darren Criss Obsession Reignited With These Snaps (From Popsugar. 23 June 2017, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Inside the Investigation of the Man Who Murdered Gianni Versace and 4 Others: It Was 'Almost Execution-Style’ (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- The Toy Box: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two on ABC? (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 June 2017, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- The Toy Box: Season Two Renewal for Eric Stonestreet Design Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 June 2017, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- ABC's 'The Toy Box' Renewed for Season 2 (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 16 June 2017, 9:16 AM, PDT)