The latest episode of The Carrie Diaries was all about the holiday blues. Unfortunately "Endgame" wasn't just disastrous for Carrie and company, but also for the audience.
That is, until the final five minutes when the doorbell rang and a certain someone was waiting on the other side. To this I shouted at my television: "Oh Thank God!" So why was Carrie's Thanksgiving such a letdown?
Everything about the holiday episode felt authentic. The old school recipe cards are exactly what my mom had, the ugly 80s apron, the disgusting act of gutting the turkey, and, of course, the stress. Don't get me wrong, holiday episodes of television can be fantastic. Take any of Gossip Girl's Thanksgivings or The Oc's Chrismukkahs. It just felt like this installment of The Carrie Diaries was injected with tryptophan.
If I wanted to watch an hour about someone cooking and obsessing over a meal, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Leigh Raines)
Similar News Items"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Made a Lot of New Friends at the Time 100 Gala (From Popsugar. 26 April 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 8 Shows You Should Watch If You're Obsessed With Riverdale (From BuzzSugar. 25 April 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Hammer’s Time: Can Armie Hammer Finally Turn a Corner with ‘Free Fire’? (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 April 2017, 7:51 AM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Six Feet Under, The Wire and More HBO Shows Leaving Amazon Prime (From TVLine.com. 25 April 2017, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick Make Rare Red Carpet Appearance With Their Adorable Kids! (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 April 2017, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- Family Night Out! Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick Take Kids to Opening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (From PEOPLE.com. 24 April 2017, 8:58 AM, PDT)
"The Carrie Diaries" (2013)
- The Best and Worst Prequel TV Series — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 11 April 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- The Best and Worst Prequel TV Series — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire Television. 11 April 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- 'Designated Survivor' Bringing in Fourth Showrunner Ahead of Likely Second Season (Exclusive) (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 8 April 2017, 11:36 AM, PDT)