The death of country singer Mindy McCready once again casts VH1′s former reality series Celebrity Rehab in a tragic light.
The 37-year-old McCready died Sunday of a self-inflicted gunshot wound following the recent death of her boyfriend David Wilson under similar circumstances. This marks the fifth participant on the show to die in the past two years.
Celebrity Rehab host Dr. Drew Pinsky issued this statement: “I am deeply saddened by this awful news. My heart goes out to Mindy’s family and children. She is a lovely woman who will be missed by many. Although I have not »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsDrew Pinsky
- You Won't Believe What's Named After Them (From Huffington Post. 15 May 2013, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Leah Calvert: Don’t Put Your College Plans On Hold For Too Long (From HollywoodLife. 14 May 2013, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Sheryl Crow, Marlee Matlin and more show their support (From Pop2it. 14 May 2013, 6:49 AM, PDT)
- Dick Trickle: Did He Commit Suicide Because Of Tragic Illness? (From HollywoodLife. 16 May 2013, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- Dick Trickle: Nascar Driver Dead At 71 Of Alleged Suicide (From HollywoodLife. 16 May 2013, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Dr. Drew Pinsky says he's done with 'Celebrity Rehab' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 6 May 2013, 1:36 PM, PDT)
"Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" (2008)
- Dr. Drew Pulls Plug on 'Celeb Rehab'; Calls Criticism Over Deaths 'Ridiculous' (From The Wrap. 3 May 2013, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- Shain Gandee & More: The Most Shocking Reality Star Deaths (From HollywoodLife. 5 April 2013, 8:28 PM, PDT)
- VH1′s Head Of Programming Jeff Olde To Depart (From Deadline TV. 27 March 2013, 9:51 AM, PDT)