The death of country singer Mindy McCready once again casts VH1′s former reality series Celebrity Rehab in a tragic light.
The 37-year-old McCready died Sunday of a self-inflicted gunshot wound following the recent death of her boyfriend David Wilson under similar circumstances. This marks the fifth participant on the show to die in the past two years.
Celebrity Rehab host Dr. Drew Pinsky issued this statement: “I am deeply saddened by this awful news. My heart goes out to Mindy’s family and children. She is a lovely woman who will be missed by many. Although I have not »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsDrew Pinsky
- Interview: Season 2 of ‘Legit’ hits close to Jim Jefferies’ life (From BuzzFocus.com. 28 March 2014, 7:26 AM, PDT)
- Dr. Drew Pinsky's Daughter Paulina Speaks Out About Her Eating Disorder (From PEOPLE.com. 1 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Jim Jefferies on 'Legit' Season 2: 'Our Lives Are in a Downward Spiral' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 February 2014, 4:31 PM, PST)
- Comics: The Secret Origin Of Hit-Girl Revealed In First Look At Kick-ass 3 #6 (From ComicBookMovie. 7 February 2014, 2:28 AM, PST)
- Daft Punk Gets Lucky, Steals Grammys (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 January 2014, 8:51 PM, PST)
- Eleanor Parker Dies — ‘Sound Of Music’ Star Dead At 91 (From HollywoodLife. 9 December 2013, 7:33 PM, PST)
"Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" (2008)
- The Hills's Jason Wahler on Addiction: Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death 'Brought Me Right Back' (From PEOPLE.com. 8 February 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Courtney Stodden's New Man? See Who She Had Dinner with Last Night! (From TooFab. 28 January 2014, 5:45 AM, PST)
- Dennis Rodman Checks Into Rehab For Alcoholism (From Us Weekly. 19 January 2014, 2:25 AM, PST)