"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
When Star Wars (now titled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) debuted in May of 1977, it forever changed sci-fi — and Hollywood’s perception of the genre — with its epic fantasy story and groundbreaking technology. It quickly became the highest grossing movie of all time and garnered numerous accolades, winning six of the ten Academy Awards categories for which it was nominated. Star Wars continually ranks near the top of just about every movie list category out there, including our own recent Best Sci-Fi Movies of the 1970’s and ‘80s, as voted by you, the Reelz.com readers.
The long-awaited prequel trilogy that was launched in May of 1999 with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was a huge success for Lucasfilm, but, even though it boasted far superior special effects, it failed to make the same sort of impact on moviegoers as the original. »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- R2-D2 Gets a Major Upgrade in Fan Art (From GeekTyrant. 9 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Children of a Linker God (From FilmExperience. 9 March 2014, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- 'Chef' Director Jon Favreau Would Have Directed 'Star Wars' If Anyone Had Actually Asked (From MTV Movie News. 9 March 2014, 6:32 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn and Kevin Feige discuss Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Chef: Jon Favreau cooks up an amiable comedy for SXSW 2014 opener - review (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 March 2014, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Watch Robert Downey Jr Get in Shape for Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Worst Previews. 9 March 2014, 3:54 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Christian Bale's wife pregnant with second child (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 10:01 PM, PST)
- "Batman: Arkham Knight" (From SneakPeek. 7 March 2014, 5:16 PM, PST)