"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
When Star Wars (now titled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) debuted in May of 1977, it forever changed sci-fi — and Hollywood’s perception of the genre — with its epic fantasy story and groundbreaking technology. It quickly became the highest grossing movie of all time and garnered numerous accolades, winning six of the ten Academy Awards categories for which it was nominated. Star Wars continually ranks near the top of just about every movie list category out there, including our own recent Best Sci-Fi Movies of the 1970’s and ‘80s, as voted by you, the Reelz.com readers.
The long-awaited prequel trilogy that was launched in May of 1999 with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was a huge success for Lucasfilm, but, even though it boasted far superior special effects, it failed to make the same sort of impact on moviegoers as the original. »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Today in Movie Culture: Spider-Man in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' the Original 'Chappie' and More (From Movies.com. 6 March 2015, 10:15 PM, PST)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers Joins ‘Of Kings and Prophets’ & Other ABC Pilot Castings (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2015, 8:06 PM, PST)
- Harrison Ford Injured in Heroic Plane Crash -- Here's the Latest (From Movies.com. 6 March 2015, 5:45 PM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- 'Captain America 3': Hawkeye Confirmed for 'Civil War'? (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2015, 5:30 PM, PST)
- Jeremy Renner Confirmed For Captain America: Civil War (From ComicBookMovie. 6 March 2015, 5:16 PM, PST)
- First look at Melissa Benoist in full costume as Supergirl (From Flickeringmyth. 6 March 2015, 1:25 PM, PST)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- 'Gotham' Gets 'Homeland' Actor Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2015, 4:25 PM, PST)
- 12 Years A Slave And The Newsroom Actor To Play Young 'Lucius Fox' In Gotham (From ComicBookMovie. 6 March 2015, 3:52 PM, PST)
- 'Suicide Squad' to Have a More Comedic, Cerebral Joker? (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2015, 11:50 AM, PST)