"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
When Star Wars (now titled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) debuted in May of 1977, it forever changed sci-fi — and Hollywood’s perception of the genre — with its epic fantasy story and groundbreaking technology. It quickly became the highest grossing movie of all time and garnered numerous accolades, winning six of the ten Academy Awards categories for which it was nominated. Star Wars continually ranks near the top of just about every movie list category out there, including our own recent Best Sci-Fi Movies of the 1970’s and ‘80s, as voted by you, the Reelz.com readers.
The long-awaited prequel trilogy that was launched in May of 1999 with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was a huge success for Lucasfilm, but, even though it boasted far superior special effects, it failed to make the same sort of impact on moviegoers as the original. »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Possible At-at Spotted on Tatooine Set of ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ (From Slash Film. 16 April 2014, 5:09 PM, PDT)
- First Star Wars Episode VII Set Photos; J.J. Abrams’ Next Project Revealed? (From HeyUGuys. 16 April 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Google Glass Eventually Enslaves Us In This Inventive Short Film (From FilmSchoolRejects. 16 April 2014, 3:47 PM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Secret Deal Behind 'Spider-Man' / 'X-Men' Post-Credits Revealed (From MovieWeb. 16 April 2014, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper on the unique nature of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (From Hitfix. 16 April 2014, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- The Secret Deal Behind ‘Spider-Man 2’ Plugging the ‘X-Men’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- From Superfan to Supervillain (From Flickeringmyth. 16 April 2014, 2:28 PM, PDT)
- 'Transcendence' (2014) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 16 April 2014, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- Hans Zimmer Asked to Score 'Batman vs. Superman' (From Rolling Stone. 16 April 2014, 9:40 AM, PDT)