Since the moment Eadweard Muybridge captured a man sprinting in 1887 runners have worn a path across the cinematic landscape. Whether on the pristine oval of an Olympic running track, a dusty patch in a prison rec yard or the damp tarmac of a rural country road, film has documented the sweat and solitude of running in all its pain and glory.
Here are 10 of the best.
Reading this on mobile? Click here to view the video
Opening with the sound of Tom Courtenay's feet thudding against a bleak rural lane, Tony Richardson and Alan Sillitoe's 1962 British New Wave classic is one of the most poetic running films in cinematic history. As Colin Smith, a petty delinquent, Courtenay gives a »
- Adam Dewar
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Another Epic Ellen DeGeneres Selfie! See Her Pic With Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Sam Smith (From E! Online. 29 January 2015, 3:46 PM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino's 10 Greatest Female Characters (From Cineplex. 29 January 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt “Fight to End All Fights” Was Made Up By Tabloid (From GossipCop. 29 January 2015, 10:32 AM, PST)
- Henry Lloyd-Hughes Conjures Role In ‘Now You See Me: The Second Act’ (From Deadline New York. 28 January 2015, 9:31 AM, PST)
- The Huntsman: These Dwarves Want No Part Of The Sequel (From Cinema Blend. 28 January 2015, 9:24 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise Films ‘Mission: Impossible 5′ With Simon Pegg; Movie Slated For July Release (From Uinterview. 27 January 2015, 12:09 PM, PST)
- From Leonardo DiCaprio to Brad Pitt: 6 Actors Who Do the Same Thing in Every Movie (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 January 2015, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Broken Hollywood: The Biz’s Top Players Call Out Ways Industry Needs to Change (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Broken Hollywood: The Biz’s Top Players Call Out Ways Industry Needs to Change (From Variety - TV News. 28 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)