Since the moment Eadweard Muybridge captured a man sprinting in 1887 runners have worn a path across the cinematic landscape. Whether on the pristine oval of an Olympic running track, a dusty patch in a prison rec yard or the damp tarmac of a rural country road, film has documented the sweat and solitude of running in all its pain and glory.
Here are 10 of the best.
Reading this on mobile? Click here to view the video
Opening with the sound of Tom Courtenay's feet thudding against a bleak rural lane, Tony Richardson and Alan Sillitoe's 1962 British New Wave classic is one of the most poetic running films in cinematic history. As Colin Smith, a petty delinquent, Courtenay gives a »
- Adam Dewar
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Angelina Jolie on Brad Pitt Divorce: ‘We Will Always Be a Family’ (From The Wrap. 20 February 2017, 7:21 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie on Brad Pitt Split: "We Will Always be a Family" (From Popsugar. 20 February 2017, 5:42 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie speaks out on 'difficult' Brad Pitt divorce for first time (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 February 2017, 1:36 AM, PST)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: HBO Picks Up ‘David Bowie: The Last Five Years,’ TWC Buys ‘Perfetti Sconosciuti’ and More (From Indiewire. 17 February 2017, 3:05 PM, PST)
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Don't Let Traffic Get in the Way of Date Night for a Fabulous Cause (From E! Online. 17 February 2017, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Ryan Gosling & Natalie Portman rock out in this trailer for Song to Song (From JoBlo. 17 February 2017, 11:55 AM, PST)
- International titles for Star Wars: Episode VIII reveal The Last Jedi is plural (From Flickeringmyth. 18 February 2017, 5:30 AM, PST)
- ‘Hot Fuzz’ and Edgar Wright’s Art of Perfect Parody (From The Film Stage. 17 February 2017, 11:06 AM, PST)
- Rumour: Details on Finn’s mission in Star Wars: The Last Jedi revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 17 February 2017, 7:51 AM, PST)