Since the moment Eadweard Muybridge captured a man sprinting in 1887 runners have worn a path across the cinematic landscape. Whether on the pristine oval of an Olympic running track, a dusty patch in a prison rec yard or the damp tarmac of a rural country road, film has documented the sweat and solitude of running in all its pain and glory.
Here are 10 of the best.
Reading this on mobile? Click here to view the video
Opening with the sound of Tom Courtenay's feet thudding against a bleak rural lane, Tony Richardson and Alan Sillitoe's 1962 British New Wave classic is one of the most poetic running films in cinematic history. As Colin Smith, a petty delinquent, Courtenay gives a »
- Adam Dewar
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Angelina Jolie talks about how she is coping with her split from Brad Pitt (From Behindwoods. 27 July 2017, 10:54 PM, PDT)
- Bright: Director David Ayer On Working With Netflix (From LRM Online. 27 July 2017, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Says She ‘Cares’ For Brad Pitt, But Kids Are #1: I Don’t Want Them Worrying About Me (From HollywoodLife. 27 July 2017, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire Party on a Yacht in St. Tropez (From PEOPLE.com. 27 July 2017, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Future Man’ Cast, Creators Pay Tribute to Glenne Headly: ‘She’s Like a Ball of Light’ (From Variety - TV News. 27 July 2017, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg in talks to replace Ben Affleck in Triple Frontier (From JoBlo. 27 July 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Leaked Star Wars: The Last Jedi promo images featuring Snoke, Rey, Luke, Kylo Ren, Finn and more (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2017, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- Book Excerpt: “Nancy Meyers” (From Women and Hollywood. 26 July 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- First teaser poster for Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)