"And the Oscar goes to…" Five words that will send nervous tingles through even the coolest of Hollywood customer. Winning an Academy Award can prompt tears of joy, euphoria, the desire to kiss whoever crosses your path or, in the case of Joe Pesci, extreme terseness.
As the likes of Daniel Day-Lewis, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Ben Affleck ready themselves for the big night on Sunday (February 24), Digital Spy takes a look back at 20 of the most memorable acceptance speeches in Oscars history.
"Thank you life, thank you love. It is true, there are some angels in this city!" So usually a calm and restrained presence in interviews, Marion Cotillard let her emotions run free as she picked up a much-deserved Oscar for her barnstorming turn as Édith Piaf.
> Watch Marion Cotillard's Oscars acceptance speech
"It's my privilege. »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- A Movie Marathon for Sports Films Lovers (From Flickeringmyth. 19 February 2017, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: Why Joey Lawrence Doesn't Want His Kids to Be Child Actors Like He Was (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 February 2017, 5:40 PM, PST)
- The Author of Girl on the Train Wrote a New Thriller - and It Already Has a Film Deal (From BuzzSugar. 16 February 2017, 2:35 PM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Says Her Kids Eat Crickets ‘Like a Bag of Chips’ (From PEOPLE.com. 21 February 2017, 6:14 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Says She and Brad Pitt Are Focused on the ‘Health’ of their Family After Split (From PEOPLE.com. 21 February 2017, 5:29 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Addresses Brad Pitt Divorce: "We Will Be Stronger When We Come Out of This" (From E! Online. 21 February 2017, 4:56 AM, PST)
- Movie News: 'The Purge 4' on Its Way; Did 'The Batman' New Director Talks Break Down? (From Movies.com. 21 February 2017)
- Remember How Bad the Acting was in Clerks? (From TVovermind.com. 20 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Ben Affleck's Kid Thinks His Dad Really Is Batman! (From LRM Online. 20 February 2017, 1:41 PM, PST)