On a sultry summer day in Richmond, Va. -- the Confederate capital during the Civil War -- a film crew has gathered at an historic building refitted to look like a telegraph office. The scene being shot features Abraham Lincoln (Billy Campbell) receiving a message and then discussing it with Secretary of War Edwin Stanton (Graham Beckel).
Despite the sweltering heat, the bearded men wear waistcoats and jackets, and the women are decked out in period dresses, with corsets. The only person who seems comfortable is local actor Benjamin Perkinson, with his little suit and slicked-back hair, as Lincoln's young son, Tad.
In production is "Killing Lincoln," set to air Sunday, Feb. 17, on National Geographic Channel, a two-hour mix of drama and documentary based on the best-selling "historical thriller" of the same name by Fox News Channel anchor Bill O'Reilly ("The O'Reilly Factor") and historian/researcher Martin Dugard. Tom Hanks narrates. »
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Carly Rae Jepsen To Release “I Really Like You” Music Video Exclusively On BravoTV.com (From Tubefilter News. 6 March 2015, 10:33 AM, PST)
- Toy Story 4 will be a "separate story" from the trilogy (From Den of Geek. 5 March 2015, 11:18 PM, PST)
- Star Wars Actor Ford Injured in Plane Accident in Los Angeles Area (From Alt Film Guide. 5 March 2015, 4:43 PM, PST)
Tony Scott (I)
- Smith to Have One of His Worst Domestic Openings Ever: 'Focus' (From Alt Film Guide. 1 March 2015, 1:58 AM, PST)
- Top Gun: Why Tom Cruise's flying actioner is an unintentional gay classic (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 February 2015, 1:30 AM, PST)
- 31 Things We Learned from Tony Scott’s Revenge Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 16 February 2015, 8:45 AM, PST)
Don Johnson (I)
- Today in Movie Culture: Tributes to Leonard Nimoy (From Movies.com. 2 March 2015, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Dakota Johnson's Mom Melanie Griffith Reviews Her SNL Stint: See What She Said! (From Us Weekly. 2 March 2015, 5:28 AM, PST)
- Dakota Johnson Shares an Awkward Yet Sweet Story in Front of Her Parents (From Popsugar. 1 March 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)