It was a good weekend for "Die Hard" as the action flick made $25 million across 3,553 theaters. Starring Bruce Willis, "A Good Day to Die Hard" has made $33.2 million since its Feb. 14 release. "Die Hard" narrowly edged out Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy's "Identity Thief," which nabbed the number two spot. The comedy made $23.4 million across 3,165 theaters, bringing its total domestic gross to $70.7 million.
Also opening this week was "Safe Haven" and "Escape From Planet Earth," taking the number three and four spots, respectively. "Safe Haven," an adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks novel, made $21.4 million across 3,223 theaters. The Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel film has grossed $30.3 million since its release. Animated movie "Escape from Planet Earth" made $16.1 million this weekend across 3,228 theaters. The family film features a laundry list of stars, including Jessica Alba, Brendan Fraser, and Sarah Jessica Parker, and received a CinemaScore of B+ from moviegoers.
Taking the »
- Madeline Boardman
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Watch: Somehow 'Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' Booked President Obama (From Indiewire. 11 March 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Somehow 'Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' Booked President Obama (From Indiewire Television. 11 March 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Cool Videos: Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis and...President Obama? (From JoBlo. 11 March 2014, 3:53 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Alba's Coveted Cat-Eye (From Access Hollywood. 10 March 2014, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Alba doesn't care who plays 'Sue Storm' in 'Fantastic Four' (From RealBollywood. 10 March 2014, 4:26 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 11:56 PM, PDT)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- Exclusive Portrait: Sarah Jessica Parker Introduces Shoe Line (From HollywoodChicago.com. 10 March 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel, 300: Rise Of An Empire, Paranoia: this week's new films (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Beauty Police: Sarah Jessica Parker Channels her '80s Square Pegs Role and We Worry She Hasn't Slept for Days (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)