Former iCarly star Miranda Cosgrove is headed to NBC.
The 19-year-old actress, who recently finished her role on the long-running Nickelodeon series, has signed on to Christina Ricci’s comedy pilot Girlfriend in a Coma.
The comedy is about a woman (Ricci) who wakes after a nearly two-decade-long coma to discover she has a 17-year-old daughter (Cosgrove) from a pregnancy she was unaware of. The show is based on the novel by Douglas Coupland.
Cosgrove was on Nick’s top-rated iCarly for seven years. The Dick Wolf-produced sitcom is being piloted for series consideration for next season. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsChristina Ricci (I)
- Jurassic Park: Who was nearly cast in Steven Spielberg's dino classic? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 November 2014, 4:56 AM, PST)
- Jessy Schram Joins Lizzie Borden: The Fall River Chronicles (From Horror Asylum. 20 November 2014)
- Lizzie Borden Will Live on at Lifetime (From shocktillyoudrop. 14 November 2014, 9:33 AM, PST)
- Richard Linklater for career achievement by Casting Society of America (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 10:01 AM, PST)
- House of Cards Actress Elizabeth Norment Dead at 61 + More of Today’s First Dibs (From VH1.com. 29 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Miranda Cosgrove -- My Career Was Doa After Tour Bus Crash (From TMZ. 27 October 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
Dick Wolf (I)
- Wednesday Ratings: ABC Comedy Block Strong, CBS’ ‘Stalker’ Bounces Back (From Variety - TV News. 20 November 2014, 9:22 AM, PST)
- Weekly Ratings: Three-Show Crossover Stunt Lifts NBC to Top (From Variety - TV News. 19 November 2014, 5:48 AM, PST)
- TV Ratings: 'Law & Order' and 'Chicago P.D.' Grow (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 November 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)