The James Bond franchise doesn't normally retain directors for more than one movie, although, after the phenomenal box office success of Skyfall, that tradition is about to change. Director Sam Mendes is reportedly "75 percent sure" he is coming back to make Bond 24.
We reported in October that John Logan is writing the screenplay, and soon thereafter, reports started swirling that the next 007 movie would actually be a two-part project. Star Daniel Craig shot down those rumors just days later, but this new report indicates that may have actually been a part of the plan at one point. Now that Bond 24 is officially a stand-alone project, the director is close to signing on, but he intends to wait until a completed script has been turned in.
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Chris Pratt on Rumors He's Next Indiana Jones: "I Don't Want to Be the Guy Who F---s That Up" (From Us Weekly. 22 May 2015, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- You Will LOL So Hard at Hearing What Julia Roberts, Liam Neeson, and More Sound Like in Real Life (From Popsugar. 22 May 2015, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- Find Out What Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Daniel Craig and More Really Sound Like in This Hilarious Red Nose Day Exposé (From E! Online. 21 May 2015, 7:57 PM, PDT)
- 10 Most Outlandish Spectre Rumours (From Obsessed with Film. 23 May 2015, 1:58 AM, PDT)
- Roger Deakins continues to prove he’s the best cinematographer working today (From Hollywoodnews.com. 21 May 2015, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Will 'Star Trek Beyond' take the Enterprise 'where no one has gone before'? (From Hitfix. 21 May 2015, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- New Projects: Anne Hathaway to star opposite a giant lizard (From SoundOnSight. 14 May 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- The Gunman Movie Review (From ShockYa. 14 May 2015, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem And Penélope Cruz On For Escobar (From EmpireOnline. 13 May 2015, 5:36 PM, PDT)