Face it, Emma Stone — you've just hit the jackpot.
Stone, who was previously rumored for the role of Mary Jane Watson in director Marc Webb's upcoming "Spider-Man" reboot, is now considered a virtual lock for the part as Deadline reports that Sony Pictures Entertainment "will imminently offer the role" to the actress.
Already a commercial and critical success for the Sony family thanks to "Zombieland" and "Easy A," Stone's potential involvement in the "Spider-Man" franchise isn't particularly surprising, but it's nonetheless thrilling for fans of the young actress' work.
If she accepts an offer from Sony, Stone would become the second actress to play Mary Jane on the big screen following Kirsten Dunst's performance in Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire's original "Spider-Man" trilogy. Additionally, Stone's pending involvement in the upcoming reboot would provide the first official casting news since Andrew Garfield joined the project in July as Peter Parker. »
- Josh Wigler
Similar News ItemsEmma Stone (III)
- Interview: ‘Birdman’ Director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu on His First Comedy (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Emma Stone Is Gorgeous in Green at "Birdman" Premiere in Venice (From TooFab. 27 August 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, and Emma Stone hit Venice for 'Birdman' premiere (From Hitfix. 27 August 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
Andrew Garfield (I)
- Emma Stone Debuts Bob in Very Low Cut Dress (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 August 2014, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- Marvelous DA7E 60: No Joke, Batman Is Funny (From LatinoReview. 27 August 2014, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Emma Stone Opens the Venice Film Festival With a New Look (From Popsugar. 27 August 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- 5 Movie Sequels Everyone Hates (That A Lot of People Love) (From FilmSchoolRejects. 27 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 15 Horror Franchises that Helped Define the Face of the Genre (From Dread Central. 27 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Jump Cuts and X-Ratings: Milestones in Film Censorship (From HeyUGuys. 27 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)