It's Valentine's Day and love is in the air. Don't deny it; you feel it too. All of this frilly lovey-doveyness just makes you want to grab a box of chocolates and a glass of wine and hang out with a good rom-com DVD (you didn't think we were going to say a person, did you?). The mythical pull of the rom-com is amazing, enthralling. They always solve their problems and end up happy in the end!
But wait. Take a closer look at the plot the next time you're watching your beloved chick flick — there are usually at least nine "endearing misunderstandings" and "charming half-truths" involved in a typical boy-meets-girl-eventually-they-make-out movie. Schemes! Plots! But it always turns out ok!
Would that happen in real life?
Here at NextMovie, we walk the streets with a can of Mace in one hand and sharpened nails on the other (and type one-handed »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsRyan Reynolds (I)
- The Croods 2 Added Two Hilarious Actresses To Its Voice Cast (From Cinema Blend. 24 May 2015, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Reynolds Makes a Young ‘Deadpool’ Fan’s Wish Come True (From Slash Film. 24 May 2015, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Blake Lively Teases Ryan Reynolds, Calls Him a "Hypocrite": Cute Pics (From Us Weekly. 24 May 2015, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Behind-the-scenes clip from ‘Wild’ & more inspirational female film characters (From The Hollywood News. 22 May 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer to Co-Write, Star in Mother-Daughter Comedy for Fox (From Collider.com. 22 May 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer And Bridesmaids' Director Are Joining Forces (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed (From TVLine.com. 24 May 2015, 7:12 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015: The Little Prince Review – Deep Animation With A Flat Plot (From Obsessed with Film. 24 May 2015, 5:27 AM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s ‘Southpaw’ Gets Star-Studded Private Screening at Cannes (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2015, 11:34 AM, PDT)