It's Valentine's Day and love is in the air. Don't deny it; you feel it too. All of this frilly lovey-doveyness just makes you want to grab a box of chocolates and a glass of wine and hang out with a good rom-com DVD (you didn't think we were going to say a person, did you?). The mythical pull of the rom-com is amazing, enthralling. They always solve their problems and end up happy in the end!
But wait. Take a closer look at the plot the next time you're watching your beloved chick flick — there are usually at least nine "endearing misunderstandings" and "charming half-truths" involved in a typical boy-meets-girl-eventually-they-make-out movie. Schemes! Plots! But it always turns out ok!
Would that happen in real life?
Here at NextMovie, we walk the streets with a can of Mace in one hand and sharpened nails on the other (and type one-handed »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- The best of Tom Hanks: 9 great moments from Big to dancing for Bieber (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 9 July 2014, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg Is ‘The Six Million Dollar Man’? (From The Hollywood News. 8 July 2014, 1:10 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – July 7th 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 7 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- Casting: Sanada, Cruz, Fisher, Fanning, Krakowski (From Dark Horizons. 9 July 2014, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Frances Fisher Joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds In ‘Woman In Gold’ (From Deadline New York. 9 July 2014, 5:06 PM, PDT)
- Will Even More Heroes Appear in Batman V Superman?! (From GeekTyrant. 4 July 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
Drew Barrymore (I)
- Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Release: Blended (From Disc Dish. 10 July 2014, 7:23 AM, PDT)
- Kid’s Corner: Top 10 Steven Spielberg-Directed Child-Centric Films (From SoundOnSight. 8 July 2014, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)