Over the past couple of months we've seen plenty of familiar faces signing on to reprise their roles in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past, and now the film has secured its first newcomer to the X-Men universe with Singer revealing via Twitter that Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage has joined the cast of the forthcoming mutant sequel.
While early speculation leaned towards Dinklage playing the character of Puck, a super-powered dwarf and member of the Canadian superhero team Alpha Flight, Variety is claiming that the Golden Globe-winner will instead portray the film's primary antagonist. Of course, with the film set to incorporate time travel, it's unclear whether the main bad guy will feature in the 1970s, or the alternate future where Sentinels rule the United States.
Update - According to MTV Geek, Dinklage could be portraying Bolivar Trask, the creator of the Sentinels, who was previously »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- ‘Game of Thrones': Why ‘The Prince That Was Promised’ Prophecy Mistranslation is a Big Deal (From The Wrap. 24 July 2017, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones recap: season seven, episode two: Stormborn (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 July 2017, 2:27 AM, PDT)
- Promo for Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 3 – ‘The Queen’s Justice’ (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2017, 1:36 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Why ‘Wonder Woman’ and ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Should Lead to More Female-Centered Films (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2017, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Michelle Pfeiffer Joins ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ as Janet Van Dyne (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2017, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Third Cloverfield Movie Relocates To February As Paramount Reshuffles Slate (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Universal wants Channing Tatum for Van Helsing in the Dark Universe (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Universal Courting Channing Tatum For ‘Van Helsing’ Remake (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2017, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Stuck In Stories: The Films Of Christopher Nolan (From LRM Online. 21 July 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)