Another writer has been tasked with rewrapping Universal's new take on The Mummy. The thing is they already hired one. Talk about hedging your bets. Let's all sit quietly and pray for no scenes involving cartoonish Yetis who are fluent in football related hand signals.
Vulture has learned that Universal’s brass are so keen to make sure The Mummy doesn’t unravel before its hoped-for summer 2014 release that they’ve taken the unusual step of hiring two different screenwriters to work on dueling Mummy scripts. It was already known that Jon Spaihts, who co-wrote Prometheus for director Ridley Scott, is hammering away on an update of The Mummy set in the present day. But what wasn’t known is that The Hunger Games screenwriter Billy Ray has also been hired to craft a competitive Mummy draft, also set in contemporary society.
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- Prime 1 Studio’s life-size Alien bust from Independence Day: Resurgence (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 8:45 PM, PDT)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win The Neon Demon Blu-ray (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 September 2016, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- Patrick Wachsberger talks franchises, highlights and Polanski (From ScreenDaily. 23 September 2016, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Film Awards Roundup: Shailene Woodley to Receive Environmentalist Award, Ridley Scott Named American Cinematheque Award Recipient and More (From Indiewire. 23 September 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- New look at Tom Hardy-led BBC/ FX series ‘Taboo’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 September 2016, 11:09 PM, PDT)
- ‘Taboo’ TV Spot: Tom Hardy Knows a Thing or Two About the Dead (From Slash Film. 22 September 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Drive-In Dust Offs: Planet Of The Vampires (1965) (From DailyDead. 24 September 2016, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Sigourney Weaver On Alien 5: “I Hope We Get To Do It” (From We Got This Covered. 24 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Ghost in the Shell Teasers Have First Scarlett Johansson Footage (From MovieWeb. 21 September 2016, 11:22 PM, PDT)