Somerville, N.J. — A former "Melrose Place" actress who was driving drunk when her SUV plowed into a car and killed a New Jersey woman has been sentenced to three years in prison.
The victim's husband yelled, "What a travesty!" at the judge after Thursday's sentencing, and he and his son stormed out of the courtroom.
Amy Locane-Bovenizer faced up to 10 years in prison after a jury in November convicted her of vehicular homicide in the 2010 death of 60-year-old Helene Seeman in Montgomery Township.
The judge lowered the maximum sentence citing the hardship on Locane-Bovenizer's two children. One has a medical and mental disability.
The actress apologized to Seeman's family.
Locane-Bovenizer's blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit when the crash occurred as Seeman's husband turned into their driveway. »
Similar News Items"Melrose Place" (1992)
- Heather Locklear, Boyfriend Marc Mani Still Going Strong, Spotted on Sweet Date Night (From Us Weekly. 21 November 2013, 2:04 AM, PST)
- What to Watch: Nov. 17-23, 2013 (From HollywoodChicago.com. 20 November 2013, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Fright At Home: November 19th’s DVD & Blu-ray Releases! (From Icons of Fright. 19 November 2013, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Bobby Brown’s Jail Sentence — Singer Gets 55 Days After Third DUI Arrest (From HollywoodLife. 26 February 2013, 6:35 PM, PST)
- Amy Locane-Bovenizer Manslaughter Sentence Appealed by Prosecutor as Too Light (From E! Online. 19 February 2013, 5:29 PM, PST)
- Prosecutors Appeal Actress' 3-Year Sentence For Vehicular Manslaughter (From Huffington Post. 19 February 2013, 4:57 PM, PST)