Somerville, N.J. — A former "Melrose Place" actress who was driving drunk when her SUV plowed into a car and killed a New Jersey woman has been sentenced to three years in prison.
The victim's husband yelled, "What a travesty!" at the judge after Thursday's sentencing, and he and his son stormed out of the courtroom.
Amy Locane-Bovenizer faced up to 10 years in prison after a jury in November convicted her of vehicular homicide in the 2010 death of 60-year-old Helene Seeman in Montgomery Township.
The judge lowered the maximum sentence citing the hardship on Locane-Bovenizer's two children. One has a medical and mental disability.
The actress apologized to Seeman's family.
Locane-Bovenizer's blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit when the crash occurred as Seeman's husband turned into their driveway. »
Similar News Items"Melrose Place" (1992)
- When Did Your Favorite TV Show Start To Suck? (From VH1.com. 24 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Lisa Rinna Reveals Her Biggest Red Carpet Regret, Talks Diet & Fitness! (From TooFab. 25 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Hell on Wheels Trailer, Spike Revisits the Crusades and More (From TVLine.com. 15 July 2014, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Like Father, Like Son,' 'The Killing: Third Season' (From Moviefone. 30 June 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The Top 10 Movie Bad Guys Who Went Good (From HeyUGuys. 13 February 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Bobby Brown’s Jail Sentence — Singer Gets 55 Days After Third DUI Arrest (From HollywoodLife. 26 February 2013, 6:35 PM, PST)