Is the long-anticipated "Spy Hunter" video game adaptation finally going to move into development? It seems like after virtually everyone in Hollywood has a hand in the movie, it's going to be moving forward again.
Deadline is reporting that Warner Bros. is moving "full speed" on the flick now that the studio has signed Carter Blanchard to write the script.
The good news is that Ruben Fleischer is still slated to direct this flick. He just helmed "Gangster Squad" for Warner Bros., and it seems like this could be the next project on his slate. Fingers crossed he sticks with this, since "Spy Hunter" definitely doesn't need another director leaving it in the dust.
"Spy Hunter's" story started back in 2003 when Universal Pictures picked up the rights to the 1983 arcade game. Dwayne Johnson was originally supposed to star, but Universal spent a while hiring writers to try to pen the project. »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Foley Enters "Fifty Shades Darker" Talks (From Dark Horizons. 31 August 2015, 10:33 PM, PDT)
- September 1st Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Dark Star: H.R. Giger’S World, The Harvest, Backcountry (From DailyDead. 31 August 2015, 6:53 PM, PDT)
- Fox Searchlight Hires Universal Exec Anikah McLaren As Svp Production (From Deadline. 31 August 2015, 2:50 PM, PDT)
Dwayne Johnson (I)
- Hulk Hogan: I'm Not A Racist (From Access Hollywood. 31 August 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- 5 Alternative New Members For The Wyatt Family (From Obsessed with Film. 29 August 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- The Rock Says Brock Lesnar Was WWE’s Best Rookie Ever (From Obsessed with Film. 28 August 2015, 1:36 AM, PDT)
Paul W.S. Anderson
- Milla Jovovich Posts Bloody Pre-Production Photos From Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (From We Got This Covered. 31 August 2015, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- 'Resident Evil 6' Photo Shows Off Milla Jovovich's Wounds (From MovieWeb. 31 August 2015, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Ali Larter says Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will be the last in the series (From Flickeringmyth. 18 August 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)