Is the long-anticipated "Spy Hunter" video game adaptation finally going to move into development? It seems like after virtually everyone in Hollywood has a hand in the movie, it's going to be moving forward again.
Deadline is reporting that Warner Bros. is moving "full speed" on the flick now that the studio has signed Carter Blanchard to write the script.
The good news is that Ruben Fleischer is still slated to direct this flick. He just helmed "Gangster Squad" for Warner Bros., and it seems like this could be the next project on his slate. Fingers crossed he sticks with this, since "Spy Hunter" definitely doesn't need another director leaving it in the dust.
"Spy Hunter's" story started back in 2003 when Universal Pictures picked up the rights to the 1983 arcade game. Dwayne Johnson was originally supposed to star, but Universal spent a while hiring writers to try to pen the project. »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Tom McCarthy to Write and Possibly Direct Tommysaurus Rex Adaptation (From Collider.com. 7 March 2014, 8:12 AM, PST)
- Antoine Fuqua To Tackle Southpaw With Jake Gyllenhaal (From We Got This Covered. 7 March 2014, 6:06 AM, PST)
- Charlize Theron Sets Karen Croner-Scripted Universal Pitch Based On ‘Everything Nice’ (From Deadline New York. 6 March 2014, 3:59 PM, PST)
Dwayne Johnson (I)
- How Did Kevin Hart Get So Damn Hot? (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- It Wasn't All About the Oscars in This Week's Cutest Celebrity Candids (From Popsugar. 6 March 2014, 5:25 AM, PST)
- Hollywood Continues to Flee California at Alarming Rate (From Variety - Film News. 5 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
Paul W.S. Anderson
- Best Trailers for Bad Movies (From Dread Central. 28 February 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Box office preview: It's Liam Neeson vs. Jesus as 'Non-Stop' debuts against 'Son of God' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 27 February 2014, 3:01 PM, PST)
- Movie Review: '3 Days to Kill' (From Get The Big Picture. 27 February 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)