When Harry met Sally concludes with Harry running to tell Sally about her annoying sandwich-ordering habits. Before plowing down zombies on the Walking Dead, Andrew Lincoln attempted to cuckold his newly wedded best friend with cue cards and boom box Christmas carolers in Love Actually.
Apparently this tripe is what passes for romance. What happened to cinema? 70 years ago, romance was Rick telling Ilsa to get out of his dreams and onto a plane, literally minutes before killing someone. Things have gone downhill since Casablanca. The following are some of the more charmingly romantic moments in cinema that don’t resort to sweet nothing’s and smooches….
10. Dracula (1931)
In 1922, legendary German filmmaker F.W. Murnau made Nosferatu, the longest surviving vampire film that was not-so-loosely based on Bram Stoker’s novel Dracula. Outraged at this copyright infringement, Stoker nearly succeeded in ridding the world of every surviving copy of the film. »
- Nicholas Fulton
Similar News ItemsAndrew Lincoln (I)
- Watch The Hysterical Love Actually Spoof That SNL Had To Cut (From Cinema Blend. 25 December 2014, 6:24 PM, PST)
- Video: Saturday Night Live Spoofs Love Actually Scene In Unaired Sketch (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 23 December 2014, 7:30 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams Loses It During "Love Actually" Spoof on "SNL" (From TooFab. 23 December 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Western Fairytales Get Eastern Makeovers (From GeekTyrant. 22 December 2014, 12:31 PM, PST)
- Few Original Song Nominees Come From Best Picture Nominees (From Scott Feinberg. 22 December 2014, 7:28 AM, PST)
- Tweeks: Disney’s Hunchback Takes to the Stage (From Comicmix. 18 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Dracula Of The Apes Novel Trilogy Swings Into Action (From Horror News. 19 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Seventh Son’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 5:13 PM, PST)
- Simon Pegg Will Play The Devil in The Gathering (From GeekTyrant. 13 December 2014, 12:02 PM, PST)