Insurge (the low-budget part of Paramount) have picked up mysterious indie sci-fi project Equinox, and the only thing they’re giving us currently is that it’s Dead Calm…in space. The 1989 movie was a claustrophobic thriller, set on a boat and starred Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill and Billy Zane with every sound, creak and silence building the tension and if you haven’t seen it, do check it out.
Meanwhile, Equinox is being written by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes, who currently have thriller Not Safe For Work out sometime in 2013 and it’s being directed by Joe Johnston who was behind the chair for the likes of Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Wolfman. So these writers are definitely two to keep an eye on at the moment!
There’s no further details at the moment for their new project, but we »
- Dan Bullock
Similar News ItemsCaptain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- Agent Carter TV Show Discussed At Junket For Captain America: The Winter Soldier (From We Got This Covered. 15 March 2014, 6:54 AM, PDT)
- Chris Evans: 'I had doubts about playing Captain America' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 14 March 2014, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier Gets A New 15-Minutes Behind-The-Scenes Video (From ShockYa. 14 March 2014, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- When Shorties Date Tallies: Tall Celebrity Women Who Get With Shorter Men (From TheFabLife - Movies. 16 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson: 'No middle ground' (From The Guardian - Film News. 16 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson in Under the Skin: 'prick her and she doesn't bleed' (From The Guardian - Film News. 15 March 2014, 3:50 AM, PDT)
Joe Johnston (I)
- As Predicted Here, Resolution Agents Adam Kanter And Martin Spencer Land At Paradigm; Which Clients Will Come? (From Deadline New York. 13 March 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- 5 Things To Watch Before Captain America: The Winter Soldier (From Obsessed with Film. 9 March 2014, 10:54 AM, PDT)
- Set Visit: The Russo Brothers bring gritty action to 'Captain America 2' (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)