Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
And so, the endgame approaches. Like a Bond villain armed with a circular saw, the denouement of the award season moves remorselessly ever closer, cackling as it nears the groin of the spreadeagled movie-going public.
Last weekend saw the slicing of the Baftas, the British rehearsal for the Academy awards in two weeks' time. In their best bibs and tuckers, Hollywood's finest lined up with Britain's luvvie elite to tussle over, to quote Billy Connolly, "a death mask on a stick".
The upshot of the Royal Opera House do was that Argo soundly battered Lincoln, taking best film and best director. Skyfall, against type, won a big award for 007, the best British film.
Here's what the fashion crew made of the pre-show frock parade and here's what the Guardian's film team think it says about the Oscars. »
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- What Will We See at Marvel’s Comic-Con Panel This Year? (From Collider.com. 11 July 2014, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Inside Robert Downey Jr.'s Fight to Help His Son Indio After Drug Arrest (From PEOPLE.com. 11 July 2014)
- Russell Crowe, Ryan Gosling Joining Shane Black’s Cop Drama ‘Nice Guys’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2014, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon brings you a Neil Young cover of 'Fancy' you never thought was possible (From Hitfix. 8 July 2014, 12:54 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman Steal Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's Cute Paparazzi Sign Idea (From E! Online. 7 July 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- 10 of geek cinema's more curious quirks of fate (From Den of Geek. 10 July 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Michael Bay, Hollywood's action movie king (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- The Last Boy Scout (From Sky Movies. 9 July 2014, 2:57 AM, PDT)