Butler, who was attached to play the lead role of a small-time crook who sets out for revenge after being framed for a crime, alleges that he was never paid after the film stalled last summer when its backing fell through.
The Wrap reports that he is suing the producers for $5.1 million in damages, alleging breach of contract and breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
The defendants are named as Randall Emmett and George Furla's Emmett/Furla Films, which financed Motor City, and limited liability company Motor City Productions which was established solely for the film.
Butler's salary reportedly included a $4 million pay-or-play clause, meaning that »
Similar News ItemsGerard Butler
- Toby Stephens And Michael Nyqvist Plot Course For Gerard Butler’s Submarine Thriller Hunter Killer (From We Got This Covered. 22 July 2016, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Toby Stephens Takes Co-Star Lead Opposite Gerard Butler In ‘Hunter Killer’ (From Deadline. 21 July 2016, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- Toby Stephens Joins "Hunter Killer" (From Dark Horizons. 21 July 2016, 3:01 PM, PDT)
Joel Silver (I)
- Bring The Nice Guys Home Next Month on Blu-Ray (From Cinelinx. 21 July 2016, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- McTiernan Slams "Mad Max," Superhero Films (From Dark Horizons. 12 July 2016, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- It Came From The Tube: Tales From The Crypt (1989 – 1996) (From DailyDead. 3 July 2016, 9:50 AM, PDT)
Olympus Has Fallen (2013)
- An Unnecessarily In-Depth Analysis of The Magnificent Seven Trailer (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 July 2016, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- Londoners put through their paces at the London Has Fallen: Urban Heroes Event (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- London Has Fallen Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 16 July 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)