Once a director of glorious creative endeavor, there is arguably no filmmaker working today who polarises opinion like Tim Burton. Renowed for his visually appealing, quirky, offbeat, gothically-aligned films – and for his frequent collaborations with both Johnny Deep and his wife, Helena Bonham Carter – Tim Burton has made an admirable 16 pictures over the course of 27 years.
His journey as a feature filmmaker started with Pee-wee’s Big Adventure back in 1985, of course, but as a younger man, his passion for character animation culminated in his short film Stalk of the Celery Monster – one which ran at just 1.5 minutes and was drawn laboriously in pencil. The film was inspired enough to get him noticed, and Burton was offered an apprenticeship at Walt Disney Studios. The rest is history.
In the minds of many movie-goers, Tim Burton’s name has become increasingly synonymous with “has been,” though many still admire him for his deeply personal, »
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Love & Hate Collide In New Trailer For Tom Ford’s ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Starring Jake Gyllenhaal & Amy Adams (From The Playlist. 21 October 2016, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Here’s what’s coming to (and leaving from) HBO Now in November (From The AV Club. 20 October 2016, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- 17 Reasons It's Time to Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas Again (From BuzzSugar. 20 October 2016, 12:05 PM, PDT)
Helena Bonham Carter
- And The Winner Is... Julie. No, the Other Julie. (From FilmExperience. 10 October 2016, 9:32 PM, PDT)
- Everything We Know About the All-Female Ocean's 8 Spinoff (From E! Online. 6 October 2016, 7:21 PM, PDT)
- Ocean's Eight Gets a Summer 2018 Release Date (From MovieWeb. 6 October 2016, 6:02 PM, PDT)
Stalk of the Celery Monster (1979)
- See Tim Burton's Early Animated Films That Landed Him a Job at Disney (From Movies.com. 14 May 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Burtonjuice: The Disney Misfit Years (From FilmExperience. 22 March 2012, 6:41 PM, PDT)