The Dunkirk evacuation, one of the biggest course changing moments of World War II, is set to be brought to the big screen in a new movie from Working Title UK.
Deadline say Oliver Parker is attached to direct Dunkirk, a spec script from Gavin Scott that will re-tell the story of courage from those British civilians who over nine days in May 1940 used hundreds of small boats to cross the English Channel to rescue 200,000 British and 140,000 French troops from the advancing Germans. In British Prime Minister Winston Churchill’s immortal We shall fight them on the beaches speech on June 4th, he hailed the rescue mission as a “miracle of deliverance”.
For Parker, this will be his most mature film for a while having previously shot the oddball adaptation of Dorian Gray and the two farcical comedies St. Trinian’s and most recently Johnny English Reborn, the latter which »
- Matt Holmes
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Henry Cavill on Man of Steel sequel, Ben Affleck as Batman, Cyborg (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 December 2013, 9:29 AM, PST)
- The Flickering Myth Reaction to Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 5:11 AM, PST)
- Does Warner Bros. Want an African-American Lex Luthor for Batman Vs. Superman? (From MovieWeb. 5 December 2013, 5:02 PM, PST)
- Christian Bale: 20 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Out of the Furnace' Star (From Moviefone. 6 December 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Louis Leterrier to direct Sacha Baron Cohen in secret-agent spoof Grimsby (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 December 2013, 5:57 AM, PST)
- Sacha Baron Cohen To Star In Spy Comedy Grimsby (From We Got This Covered. 3 December 2013, 11:03 AM, PST)
Winston Churchill (I)
- Eddie Izzard, Brian Cox science programmes for BBC Two and Four (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 November 2013, 3:36 AM, PST)
- 'I'm like a southern Woody Allen character' (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 November 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Kelly Marcel: 'Someone from Disney's going to come and kill me' (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 November 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)