The plot of "The Internship," which was revealed several months ago, mentioned "an Internet company." Now we know that it's, well, the Internet company.
Google indulges in a nice feature-length commercial for itself (and, to be fair, a seemingly sometimes self-deprecating one, too) in "The Internship," the culture clash comedy that reunites frequent co-stars Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson for the first time since "Wedding Crashers" (2005).
"The Internship" features Vince and Owen as two middle-aged and old-school salesmen who suddenly find themselves unemployed. In a last-chance act of desperation, they apply for internships at Google, where both their advanced age and distinct lack of tech savviness work against them in the most obvious and unimaginative ways possible.
The film looks like a mess, starting with the tired premise and extending to the way overly art-directed Google campus, which is made to look like the 21st century version of "Romper Room. »
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsBridesmaids (2011/I)
- Newswire: Ghostbusters continues to ruin childhoods by selling tons of toys (From The AV Club. 22 July 2016, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Why was Ghostbusters so unfunny? (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win A Copy Of The Boss Starring Melissa McCarthy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 July 2016, 2:28 PM, PDT)
Owen Wilson (I)
- Skiptrace: trailer for Jackie Chan & Johnny Knoxville comedy (From Den of Geek. 19 July 2016, 2:02 AM, PDT)
- Participant, Walden Joining Julia Roberts’ Drama ‘Wonder’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 July 2016, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘Skiptrace’ Trailer: Jackie Chan & Johnny Knoxville Join Forces in Renny Harlin’s Hong Kong Action Comedy (From Indiewire. 18 July 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Josh Stewart Joins ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2016, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- Paul Feig and The Female Experience (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 July 2016, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Beauty vs Beast: Girl-On-Girl Power (From FilmExperience. 18 July 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)