"Okay, class, today we have a very special substitute teacher. Please be on your best behavior for Mr. Day-Lewis."
If only school was like that in real life… but now it is! Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of Honest Abe is about to become a part of the curriculum as MSN reports that Steven Spielberg is sending free copies of his movie "Lincoln" to classrooms across the country.
"As more and more people began to see the film, we received letters from teachers asking if it could be available in their classrooms," Spielberg wrote in a statement. "We realized that the educational value that 'Lincoln' could have was not only for the adult audiences — who have studied his life in history books — but for the young students in the classroom as well."
The Civil War drama, which details our 16th president's Herculean effort to bring about the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution, »
- Max Evry
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The Joker doesn’t need an origin story (or a solo movie) (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2017, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- John Steinbeck's Feuding Heirs Head to Trial Over Steven Spielberg 'Grapes of Wrath' Adaptation (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 August 2017, 8:57 AM, PDT)
- 8 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Based on Books (From Cinelinx. 23 August 2017, 7:28 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros Announces a Live-Action Joker Prequel That’s Not a Part of the Dceu (From TVovermind.com. 23 August 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. developing Joker origin movie from Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2017, 1:16 AM, PDT)
- Aquaman Rages in Latest Justice League Behind-the-Scenes Photo (From MovieWeb. 22 August 2017, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds Oscar-Winner Alan Arkin (From Slash Film. 20 August 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Alan Arkin Joins Tim Burton’s Dumbo Remake (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- The ‘Justice League’ Batman Will Be Very Different Than the ‘Batman v Superman’ Batman (From Slash Film. 16 August 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)