"Okay, class, today we have a very special substitute teacher. Please be on your best behavior for Mr. Day-Lewis."
If only school was like that in real life… but now it is! Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of Honest Abe is about to become a part of the curriculum as MSN reports that Steven Spielberg is sending free copies of his movie "Lincoln" to classrooms across the country.
"As more and more people began to see the film, we received letters from teachers asking if it could be available in their classrooms," Spielberg wrote in a statement. "We realized that the educational value that 'Lincoln' could have was not only for the adult audiences — who have studied his life in history books — but for the young students in the classroom as well."
The Civil War drama, which details our 16th president's Herculean effort to bring about the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution, »
- Max Evry
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Watch Steven Spielberg’s Long-Lost First Ever Feature-Length Directing Job ‘L.A. 2017’ (From The Playlist. 24 April 2017, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Fox sets new dates for Avatar sequels, The Predator, Red Sparrow and more (From HeyUGuys. 24 April 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks continues to make interesting choices (From Hollywoodnews.com. 24 April 2017, 4:32 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Makes First Public Appearance Since Filing for Divorce, Recalls 'Downside' of Being a Child Actor (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 April 2017, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- They're Friends?! 20 Celebrity Pals That Might Surprise You (From Popsugar. 24 April 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- It’s Batman’s Turn In New International Trailer For Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ (From The Playlist. 24 April 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Why 2007 was a great year for film (From Den of Geek. 17 April 2017, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck File for Divorce: A Look Back at Their 2-Year Separation (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 April 2017, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Led Zeppelin Is Hollywood’s New Secret Weapon (From FilmSchoolRejects. 12 April 2017, 9:58 AM, PDT)