"Okay, class, today we have a very special substitute teacher. Please be on your best behavior for Mr. Day-Lewis."
If only school was like that in real life… but now it is! Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of Honest Abe is about to become a part of the curriculum as MSN reports that Steven Spielberg is sending free copies of his movie "Lincoln" to classrooms across the country.
"As more and more people began to see the film, we received letters from teachers asking if it could be available in their classrooms," Spielberg wrote in a statement. "We realized that the educational value that 'Lincoln' could have was not only for the adult audiences — who have studied his life in history books — but for the young students in the classroom as well."
The Civil War drama, which details our 16th president's Herculean effort to bring about the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution, »
- Max Evry
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: Phenomenal Allen as Too-Good-to-Be-True U.S. V.P. Candidate in Highly Watchable But Ultimately Coy Political Thriller (From Alt Film Guide. 26 May 2015, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- 20 years ago today, Ilm changed everything with a movie you might not expect (From Hitfix. 26 May 2015, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jurassic World’ Eyes Huge $100 Million Plus Opening (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2015, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- The Batmobile is All Over the Suicide Squad Set (From Cinelinx. 26 May 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- ‘Armageddon’ Is the ‘Movie Equivalent of Taco Bell’ in New ‘Honest Trailers’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 26 May 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- What's the Batmobile Doing on the 'Suicide Squad' Set? (From ShadowAndAct. 26 May 2015, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Justice League: documentary coming on film that never was (From Den of Geek. 25 May 2015, 10:47 PM, PDT)
- The Dark Knight and Man of Steel square off in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice promo art (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Our Man in Tehran’ is a thrilling history lesson (From SoundOnSight. 14 May 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)