Hugh Laurie is reportedly in discussions per THR to co-star in the upcoming Brad Bird film Tomorrowland as the film's antagonist alongside the film's already cast protagonist, George Clooney. If the villain requires a limp then Laurie has plenty of experience to offer (re: House M.D.).
Tomorrowland is the new name for the Damon Lindeof and Entertainment Weekly writer and Lost theorist Jeff Jensen story that was formerly known as 1952. The new name offers a direct connection to the Tomorrowland attraction at Disneyland and Disney World, amongst other Disney parks. The first Tomorrowland themed land opened on July 17, 1955, only three years after the original film's title.
The only rumored plot detail from Tomorrowland suggests the story revolves around a man (Clooney) searching for extraterrestrial life on earth. It was compared to being in the vein of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Like Lindelof's Prometheus before it, Tomorrowland is gaining »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Stephen Merchant answers burning questions about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 22 November 2014, 8:25 PM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Lego Batman' to 'acknowledge' multiple Batmans (From Hitfix. 22 November 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise Wanted for Highlander Remake (From GeekTyrant. 20 November 2014, 2:23 PM, PST)
- Vampire Academy alumni cast in Us drama (From IF.com.au. 23 November 2014, 1:45 PM, PST)
- "Gone Girl's" Rosamund Pike To Receive Major Palm Springs Film Fest Award! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 21 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Who Is Your Favorite Guy of 2014? (From Popsugar. 21 November 2014, 3:08 AM, PST)
- The Newsroom Recap: Too Big to Jail (From TVLine.com. 23 November 2014, 6:59 PM, PST)
- 17 things you never knew about The Hunger Games (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 Review (From We Got This Covered. 21 November 2014, 5:26 PM, PST)