Flight is a movie about addicts, pushers, and enablers.
It's not so much a movie about conquering inner demons as it is a movie about making them part of the everyday routine.
Also, there's a plane crash.
Whip Whitaker (2012 Oscar nominee Denzel Washington) is an airline pilot with a penchant for hard-drinking, drug binges, and casual sex. It becomes readily apparent that flying planes while under the influence - while it may be front-page news when discovered in the real world - is just an average Friday morning for Whip.
In the midst of a short flight from Orlando to Atlanta, his plane malfunctions and Whip pulls off a landing that can only be described as miraculous. As the investigation into the crash goes deeper, it becomes obvious that Whip was intoxicated at the time, and this portion of the plot unfurls much as you might expect, based on the film's trailer and marketing. »
Similar News ItemsDenzel Washington
- Daniel Espinosa In Talks To Direct Boston Strong As Casey Affleck Departs Marathon Bombing Drama (From We Got This Covered. 19 November 2014, 7:18 AM, PST)
- BAFTA to Host Ethan Hawke Retrospective (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2014, 5:26 AM, PST)
- Weekend Report: 'Dumb' Sequel Takes First Ahead of 'Big Hero 6,' 'Interstellar' (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 16 November 2014, 12:35 PM, PST)
- New TV Shows Could Break Into Crowded SAG Awards (From Variety - TV News. 20 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- One For Them: Idris Elba chastized for the painful truth (From Flickeringmyth. 17 November 2014, 1:52 PM, PST)
- Irish Producer Ed Guiney to Receive European Co-Production Award (From Variety - Film News. 17 November 2014, 2:20 AM, PST)
John Goodman (I)
- Whoopi Goldberg Breaks Down Sobbing Over Director Mike Nichols’ Death (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 November 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Mike Nichols Remembered By Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks as ‘Irreplaceable Man’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 November 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Mike Nichols’ Death: Hollywood Reacts To Loss Of A Legend (From Deadline New York. 20 November 2014, 7:33 AM, PST)