This article first appeared in If Magazine Issue #150.
Troy Lum couldn.t have picked two more different features to mark the launch of his new production company: I, Frankenstein and Two Mothers. One, a reimaging of the classic horror tale; the other, a controversial story about two mothers who sleep with each other.s teenage sons.
Not so says Lum.
.Although those two films in isolation look really different to each other, they share some sort of commonality, which is the films have a real global potential. And there.s a certain scale that takes them beyond your sort of kitchen sink Australian movie and that.s kind of the aim..
Both films have notable cast (Aaron Eckhart in I, Frankenstein and Naomi Watts and Robin Wright in Two Mothers) and scale. In the case of I, Frankenstein, that scale amounts to a $50 million budget. But while few Australian production »
- Brendan Swift
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Mr. Hanks Goes To Washington: Tom, Meryl & Spielberg Research ‘Post’ Film (From Deadline. 25 May 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg Attend Washington Post News Meeting for 'Pentagon Papers' Prep (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 25 May 2017, 7:14 AM, PDT)
- When Katie Couric Hits the Town with Her Daughter Ellie ‘It’s Like Girls Gone Wild: Manhattan!’ (From PEOPLE.com. 24 May 2017, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Blake Lively to Star in Thriller ‘The Husband’s Secret’ From ‘Big Little Lies’ Author (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Bringing Star Wars to the Screen: Episode IV – A New Hope (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Over 20 Years Worth of Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick's Big City Love (From Popsugar. 24 May 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
Summit Entertainment [us]
- TV Drives Growth at Entertainment One Amid Overhaul of Film Side (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2017, 2:18 AM, PDT)
- TV Drives Growth at Entertainment One Amid Overhaul of Film Side (From Variety - TV News. 23 May 2017, 2:18 AM, PDT)
- Highlander: A Reboot I Support (From The Cultural Post. 20 May 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)