Love Actually has been named the best film for couples on Valentine's Day, according to data from LoveFilm.
LoveFilm asked neuropsychologist Dr David Lewis, of Mind Lab International, to analyse the top ten films likely to put viewers in the "mood for love" on February 14.
He said that rom-com Love Actually is the film that is most likely to stimulate specialised neurons in the brain, called mirror neurons, that respond to witnessing the activity of others.
"So if an on-screen couple shares a passionate kiss, the mirror neurons in the viewers' heads will fire as if they were doing the kissing," he said. "They will experience the same powerful and pleasurable emotions that are being depicted on screen."
Love Actually puts around one in five people (21%) in a "loving mood", according to Dr Lewis.
He said that the interplay between various couples in the film gave audiences "multiple opportunities to empathise, »
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- Variety Critics Weigh in on the Year in Film (From Variety - Film News. 22 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Overrated Actress Meryl Streep Gets Another Award, Continues to Prove the President Is a Joke (From Popsugar. 22 February 2017, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: It’s Time for the Acting Challenge on ‘America’s Next Top Model’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 February 2017, 7:01 AM, PST)
- Watch: Doctor Strange VFX video explores the time-reversal scene (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 6:30 AM, PST)
- ‘Pitch’ Star Kylie Bunbury Joins Jason Bateman’s Comedy ‘Game Night’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 16 February 2017, 3:21 PM, PST)
- Every Ryan Gosling Makeout Scene Responsible For Your Sexual Awakening (From BuzzSugar. 14 February 2017, 7:45 AM, PST)
The Notebook (2004)
- Behind the Scenes Video of Ryan Gosling Playing Piano in ‘La La Land’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 February 2017, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Exclusive Pics: Jenna Dewan Shows Off Enviable Abs in Tiny Bikini During Pda-Filled Day With Channing Tatum (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 February 2017, 12:19 PM, PST)
- 10 Snaps That Will Make You Want Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling Back Together (From Popsugar. 7 February 2017, 12:26 PM, PST)