New York — Nancy Zwiers was genuinely psyched to see "Lincoln," but something happened between the ticket purchase and the credits. Off screen, that is.
"Yes, I fell asleep," confessed the 54-year-old marketing executive in Long Beach, Calif. "I only have two clear memories of the movie: a bunch of old white guys sitting around talking and Sally Field in a perpetual state of angst."
That was shortly after its release in October. Fast forward to January and a dozen Academy Award nominations for the 150-minute epic and another accolade has emerged: nap worthy, with and without apologies from the snoozy to Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis.
Movie napping is almost certainly as old as cinema itself. It strikes the overtired and the well-rested, film nuts and occasional theatergoers. Some blame it on soporific popcorn. Others on the enveloping darkness and a comfy seat. The theater is too hot. The theater is too cold, »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 15 Things We Learned At the Fox TCA: Scoop on 'Gotham,' 'The Simpsons,' and More (From Moviefone. 21 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West Is a Blowfish, Not a Shark (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2014, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- First Still From Judd Apatow’s ‘Trainwreck’ Starring Amy Schumer & Bill Hader (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Superb ‘Jurassic World’ Comic-Con Poster By Mark Englert Revealed (From The Hollywood News. 22 July 2014, 1:06 AM, PDT)
- Amy Ryan & Alan Alda Joining Steven Spielberg's Cold War Thriller (From FirstShowing.net. 21 July 2014, 10:47 PM, PDT)
- A “New” New Hope: Film Preservation and the Problem with ‘Star Wars’ (From SoundOnSight. 21 July 2014, 8:03 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Nancy and Marv in Comic-Con posters for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2014, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Marv Gets Close on Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Comic-Con Poster (From Dread Central. 21 July 2014, 4:56 PM, PDT)
- 17 Comic-Con posters for The Expendables 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)