New York — Nancy Zwiers was genuinely psyched to see "Lincoln," but something happened between the ticket purchase and the credits. Off screen, that is.
"Yes, I fell asleep," confessed the 54-year-old marketing executive in Long Beach, Calif. "I only have two clear memories of the movie: a bunch of old white guys sitting around talking and Sally Field in a perpetual state of angst."
That was shortly after its release in October. Fast forward to January and a dozen Academy Award nominations for the 150-minute epic and another accolade has emerged: nap worthy, with and without apologies from the snoozy to Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis.
Movie napping is almost certainly as old as cinema itself. It strikes the overtired and the well-rested, film nuts and occasional theatergoers. Some blame it on soporific popcorn. Others on the enveloping darkness and a comfy seat. The theater is too hot. The theater is too cold, »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Greg Poehler on Welcome to Sweden, Dirty Lobsters, and His Big Sister Amy (From Vulture. 9 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Spwa Acquires ‘The Bronze’ (From Deadline New York. 9 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Big Bang Theory's Melissa Rauch to star in new comedy movie The Bronze (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 9 July 2014, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat linked with Star Wars movies (From Den of Geek. 9 July 2014, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Has Doctor Who Showrunner Stephen Moffat Been Offered A Star Wars Movie? (From We Got This Covered. 9 July 2014, 8:37 PM, PDT)
- Extant: What Did You Think Of Halle Berry's Sci-Fi Drama? (From E! Online. 9 July 2014, 7:30 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- World Cup TV spot for The Expendables 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2014, 1:01 AM, PDT)
- Sneak peek TV spot for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan's 4 Bold Predictions For The Future Of Cinema (From Cinema Blend. 9 July 2014, 7:21 AM, PDT)