I’m slowly becoming obsessed with the secretive plot machinations of Disney and Brad Bird’s upcoming Tomorrowland. First the name was changed from 1952, then that photograph of the box containing all sorts of goodies was released, and now rumors abound concerning the contents of the box and what it all means! And the question I keep asking myself is: why do I care?
I care because it’s the most clever marketing ploy I’ve seen in a long time, and I give respect to that. So here’s the latest rumor, a hypothesis based on the exhaustive analysis of the box by Walt Disney Archives director Betsy Cline and then interpreted by Disney historian Jim Hill (you will note that this is all in the Disney family, right?). Ok, here we go.
Hill hypothesizes that Tomorrowland is about Walt Disney’s involvement with an Army Project to let »
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Icons of Fright Interview with Crush The Skull’s Co-writer/Star Chris Dinh and Co-writer/Director Viet Nguyen!! (From Icons of Fright. 29 June 2015, 8:32 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Says 'I'm Batman' for First Time in New Video (From MovieWeb. 29 June 2015, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- 19 Actors Who Didn't Marry Actors (From Popsugar. 28 June 2015, 5:15 PM, PDT)
Brad Bird (I)
- The Five Best Film Franchises (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 5 Producers Talk High Test Scores, Release Shift, and More (From Collider.com. 26 June 2015, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation Gets Marvel-Esque Poster (From We Got This Covered. 26 June 2015, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Oscar News: 322 Invited To Join; The Academy Museum Receives Approval (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 June 2015, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Kevin Hart, Emma Stone and 319 others invited to vote for Oscar (From Hitfix. 26 June 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Academy invites 322 artists and executives to Membership (From Hollywoodnews.com. 26 June 2015, 11:12 AM, PDT)