Producers and the heads of movie studios love to think that they know better than everyone else, and while their shady interference tactics frequently do result in ridiculous profits, this is often at the creative expense of the end product.
Moreover, it’s a short-sighted way of conducting business, because if you screw us over once, you’re not going to get our repeat business for the sequels.
Nevertheless, studios are all about the bottom line, and to an extent, given that they’re a business, this is fairly understandable. It’s just that so often they don’t seem to have art in mind at all, and as a result, these 10 promising movies were dragged through the mud, ripped to pieces and then put back together, the end result being widely derided by audiences and critics.
Thankfully in a few instances, the directors were able to regain their agency »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Jóhann Jóhannsson Provides The Beautiful Score For Focus Features’ The Theory Of Everything (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 August 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Praised by Marvel's Kevin Feige (From MovieWeb. 26 August 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman -- Deadlifting 400 Pounds (From TMZ. 22 August 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- I Tried 5 Wacky Diy Hair Treatments (Including Eggs on My Head) in Hopes of Achieving Blake Lively's Beautiful Tresses (From E! Online. 27 August 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros Has a No Jokes Policy For Its Superhero Films? (From Worst Previews. 27 August 2014, 3:39 AM, PDT)
- Does WB Have A "No Jokes" Policy With Their DC Comic Book Movies? (From ComicBookMovie. 26 August 2014, 8:07 PM, PDT)
- 24 Things We Learned from the ‘X-Men’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 May 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Sundance: Bryan Singer, Tracy Chapman, Leonard Maltin, ‘Prometheus’ Writer Join Juries (From The Wrap. 9 January 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Logan, Beast, Quicksilver & More Feature In Latest ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ Stills (From The Hollywood News. 9 January 2014, 10:46 AM, PST)