Producers and the heads of movie studios love to think that they know better than everyone else, and while their shady interference tactics frequently do result in ridiculous profits, this is often at the creative expense of the end product.
Moreover, it’s a short-sighted way of conducting business, because if you screw us over once, you’re not going to get our repeat business for the sequels.
Nevertheless, studios are all about the bottom line, and to an extent, given that they’re a business, this is fairly understandable. It’s just that so often they don’t seem to have art in mind at all, and as a result, these 10 promising movies were dragged through the mud, ripped to pieces and then put back together, the end result being widely derided by audiences and critics.
Thankfully in a few instances, the directors were able to regain their agency »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- 7 Films New to Netflix to Watch In April, Including ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ and ‘Casting JonBenet’ (From Indiewire. 22 March 2017, 3:16 PM, PDT)
- New Logan Concept Art Shows Alternate Wolverine, X-23, Professor X Designs And More (From We Got This Covered. 22 March 2017, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman Was Given Film of His Penis for 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Wrap Gift (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 March 2017, 8:09 AM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- Michael Shannon favourite for Cable in Deadpool (From The Hollywood News. 22 March 2017, 5:48 PM, PDT)
- ‘Life’ Review: Dir. Daniel Espinosa (2017) (From The Hollywood News. 22 March 2017, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Power Rangers’ No Match for ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 March 2017, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Could Fox's 'X-Men' Movies Rescue Its Failing 'Fantastic Four' Franchise? (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 January 2017, 6:30 AM, PST)
- ‘X-Men’ Live-Action TV Series in Development at Fox (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- 24 Things We Learned from the ‘X-Men’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 May 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)