Producers and the heads of movie studios love to think that they know better than everyone else, and while their shady interference tactics frequently do result in ridiculous profits, this is often at the creative expense of the end product.
Moreover, it’s a short-sighted way of conducting business, because if you screw us over once, you’re not going to get our repeat business for the sequels.
Nevertheless, studios are all about the bottom line, and to an extent, given that they’re a business, this is fairly understandable. It’s just that so often they don’t seem to have art in mind at all, and as a result, these 10 promising movies were dragged through the mud, ripped to pieces and then put back together, the end result being widely derided by audiences and critics.
Thankfully in a few instances, the directors were able to regain their agency »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Video: Hugh Jackman Explains why The Wolverine is not Wolverine 2 (From ComicBookMovie. 24 May 2013, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Evan Peters cast as Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2013, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling Almost Didn't Star In His Signature Movie (From Huffington Post. 24 May 2013, 8:46 AM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- Turbo movie poster 4 features Samuel L. Jackson's Whiplash snail! (From Upcoming-Movies.com. 24 May 2013, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- Turbo 'Shell on Wheels' Featurette (From MovieWeb. 23 May 2013, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Summer Movie Preview Guide: July (From Cinelinx. 23 May 2013, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer On ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’, James Cameron said it makes sense (From LatinoReview. 24 May 2013, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- A Double Dose of Quicksilver: He'll Be in Both the Avengers and X-Men Sequels (From Cinelinx. 24 May 2013, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Is Not Just A Sequel, Says Singer (From MTV Splash Page. 24 May 2013, 10:01 AM, PDT)