Sandra Bullock plans to get her evil on in the Despicable Me spin-off, Minions, where she’ll have to make sure she doesn’t suffer the same fate as other villains who crossed paths with the cute, yellow guys.
The story of a bad guy getting in touch with his inner hero because of a group of orphans doesn’t sound either thrilling or funny but Despicable Me became a hit almost instantly, which of course prompted Hollywood to get busy with Despicable Me 2. Now, it looks like they want to squeeze even more blood from that particular stone.
While I hate blatant cash-grabs, it looks like Minions might actually have an interesting story to offer… and snagging Sandra Bullock as the lead voice character indicates that Universal is actually putting a little effort into it.
In Minions, we learn the little yellow guys have been around since the beginning of time, »
- Marty Shaw
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- Suddenly, last Icymi posting.... (From FilmExperience. 17 August 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Factory 25 Springs For ‘Hellaware'; DigiNext Takes ‘Pass The Light’ & ‘Construction'; Cinedigm Inks Wiesenthal Docu Deal (From Deadline New York. 14 August 2014, 7:59 PM, PDT)
- Sorry, Let’s Be Cops, But No One Wants to Be a Cop This Week (From Vulture. 14 August 2014, 7:15 AM, PDT)
Despicable Me (2010)
- Super-Villain Comedy Short ‘Henchmen: Ill-Suited’ Gets Feature Treatment (From Slash Film. 14 August 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Dates Animated Films for 2018 and 2019 (From Variety - Film News. 6 August 2014, 5:33 PM, PDT)
- Grab some cheesy dibbles and laugh with a new Penguins of Madagascar trailer (From JoBlo. 6 August 2014, 11:31 AM, PDT)
Despicable Me 2 (2013)
- Pharrell's 'Happy' should hold off Eminem to win Male Video at MTV VMAs' (From Gold Derby. 20 August 2014, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Destroy All Monsters: The Human Race Can't Handle Its Imminent Demise, And Other Things I Learned From The Summer of 2014 (From Twitch. 20 August 2014, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Desplat, Zimmer in WSAwards nominees (From ScreenDaily. 13 August 2014, 3:21 AM, PDT)