In addition to adult fare including "Arrested Development" and "House of Cards," Netflix is delving into the realm of children's television, and its got an able-bodied studio to help it. It's been announced that Netflix and DreamWorks Animation are teaming up to make a series based on the upcoming animated film "Turbo."
"Turbo: F.A.S.T." -- short for "Fast Action Stunt Team" -- will premiere exclusively on Netflix in December, following the July 19 release of the "Turbo" movie. The flick features the voice talent of Ryan Reynolds and Paul Giamatti, and it's unclear if they'll voice their characters in the series. "Turbo" tells the story of a snail named Turbo who becomes supernaturally fast after an accident and decides to try to compete in the Indianapolis 500. The Netflix show is said to pick up where the film leaves off.
"Netflix boasts one of the largest and fastest-growing audiences in kids' television, »
Similar News ItemsRyan Reynolds (I)
- DVD Review: 'The Croods' (From CineVue. 9 December 2013, 2:33 AM, PST)
- 'The Fifth Estate' tops Hollywood's top 10 flops list (From RealBollywood. 8 December 2013, 3:32 AM, PST)
- The Croods DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 7 December 2013, 11:52 PM, PST)
- ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Scores IMAX Release (From The Wrap. 9 December 2013, 8:14 AM, PST)
- Latest ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Viral Brings In Otto Octavius (From The Hollywood News. 9 December 2013, 5:35 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 10:47 PM, PST)
"House of Cards" (2013)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – December 9th 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 9 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Sherlock Season 3 Trailer Is Appropriately Sherlock-y (From We Got This Covered. 8 December 2013, 10:04 PM, PST)
- The Biggest TV Headlines of 2013 (From BuzzSugar. 6 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)