Call the Midwife screenwriter Heidi Thomas has run out of the original memoirs on which the series is based, but that has not stopped the show being commissioned for a third series and Christmas special.
Thomas adapted the series from the three collections of memoirs written by Jennifer Worth, the retired nurse who died in 2011 before the first show was broadcast.
By the time the second run of the maternity drama set in London's East End comes to an end next month, Thomas will have exhausted the original source material.
But she told the new issue of Radio Times: "Don't worry. »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- How to Make Your Marriage Work review – home truths straight from the marital sofa (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 August 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- BBC accuses Channel 4 of 'cynical move' in Bake Off scheduling clash (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 August 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Oklahoma Mom’s Distracted Driving Cited in Crash That Killed 3 Kids (From PEOPLE.com. 16 August 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
BBC One [gb]
- TV News Roundup: Joy Nash to Star in AMC Series ‘Dietland’ (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2017, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Orders Supernatural Series Out of the U.K. (From Variety - TV News. 14 August 2017, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Foster series 1 recap (From Den of Geek. 10 August 2017, 8:31 AM, PDT)
"Call the Midwife" (2012)
- ‘Carmilla’ Takes a Bite Out of Period Vampire Lore (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 17 August 2017, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Raine, Tobias Menzies board UK gothic drama 'Carmilla' (From ScreenDaily. 17 August 2017, 6:10 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Raine, Tobias Menzies board UK horror 'Carmilla' (From ScreenDaily. 17 August 2017, 6:10 AM, PDT)