Maggie Lawson has played Det. Juliet O'Hara on USA's "Psych" for a lot of years now -- the seventh season debuts Feb. 27 and the show has been renewed for an eighth season. Does her being cast on a pilot mean that eight is enough?
Deadline is reporting that Lawson has been cast on the untitled Cullen brothers' pilot for ABC. Lawson will play Terry Gannon, a divorced single mom who moves back in with her estranged father (James Caan), a drunken former baseball player. When she gets sucked in to coaching her son's Little League team, she gets drawn back into the world of sports she swore she was leaving behind.
First off, don't worry "Psych"-Os. This doesn't mean Juliet is disappearing for the eighth season. Deadline adds that Lawson will be allowed to finish out filming for "Psych." But it might mean that's it for the psychic detective comedy. »
Similar News ItemsJames Caan (I)
- Blu-ray Release: Rollerball (1975) (From Disc Dish. 18 April 2014, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- Sylvester Stallone Recalls Rough Road to 'Rocky' Films (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 April 2014, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- TV Scorecard: What's Coming Back Next Season . . . and What's Not (From BuzzSugar. 28 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 8 Awesome Homages to ‘Twin Peaks’ (Including Cookie Monster) (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 April 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Family Ties’ Alum Michael Gross Joins USA's ‘Suits’ (From The Wrap. 8 April 2014, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- What to Watch: March 25-April 11, 2014 (From HollywoodChicago.com. 1 April 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Psych: Season Eight Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Psych (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 March 2014, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- So Long Psych: Series Finale Review (From Cinelinx. 27 March 2014, 8:52 AM, PDT)