Los Angeles -- Three people were killed Sunday in a pre-dawn helicopter crash in a rural area of northern Los Angeles County while filming for a new reality TV show for the Discovery Channel.
The copter crashed at about 3:40 a.m. at the popular filming location of Polsa Rosa Ranch in the city of Acton, Los Angeles County Fire dispatcher Robert Diaz said.
All three people aboard died, Diaz said.
Coroner's spokesman Ed Winter identified the victims Monday as David Gene Gibbs, 59, of Valencia, Calif.; Darren Arthur Rydstrom, 46, of Whittier, Calif., and Michael William Donatelli, 45, of Indiana, Pa.
Autopsies were pending.
The show, listed on a filming permit as an untitled military-theme TV program, had not yet been aired or announced by Discovery, channel spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg said.
"A production company was shooting a show for Discovery Channel when this tragic accident occurred," the station said in a statement. »
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Report: Is Ethan Hawke now the top choice to play Marvel's Doctor Strange? (From Hitfix. 1 October 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Who Is Gone Girl Star Rosamund Pike? (From VH1.com. 1 October 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- These Four Exclusive 'Mortdecai' Posters Feature Must-See Mustaches (From Moviefone. 1 October 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
The Lone Ranger (2013)
- Predict Best Makeup and Hairstyling Oscar: Will period and prosthetics dominate? (From Gold Derby. 1 October 2014, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- VFX Studio Atomic Fiction Opens Montreal Facility (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Amber Heard Naked Photos Leak, Nude Pics Feature Note To “Tonto” Johnny Depp (From GossipCop. 21 September 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- NBC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 10/1/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 October 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- NBC, CBS win premiere week as Fox slips (From EW.com - Inside TV. 30 September 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Fall TV Ratings: Broadcast Nets Relieved As Viewers Show Up for Big Premieres (From Variety - TV News. 28 September 2014, 12:58 PM, PDT)