"Whether it's fishing for snakehead, an invasive species, in Washington, D.C.," Zimmern tells Zap2it, "or taking gyrfalcons out to the hillsides of rural Colorado to go hunting for pheasant, as our weapon of choice, we really have gotten to, this season, show people a wide variety of things about America that I'm not sure everybody realizes exists but is right under their noses and in their backyards."
Zimmern is also interested in sampling what happens when the world's cultures and cuisines collide in America's home and restaurant kitchens.
"We do everything," he says, "from experimenting with Dave Beran and his team at Next in Chicago on how they develop menus for that restaurant, to heading out into the hills of the Ozarks, »
Similar News ItemsTravel Channel [us]
- Verizon FiOS Now Streaming CBS, Fox Local Stations to In-Home Devices (From Variety - TV News. 5 December 2013, 1:13 PM, PST)
- Visit the Burning City that Inspired 'Silent Hill' (From FEARnet. 4 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Mike Darnell Back in Reality Biz with Haunted House Project at ABC (From Variety - TV News. 22 November 2013, 4:30 PM, PST)
- 'Bizarre Foods America': Andrew Zimmern will not eat walnuts (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 2 September 2013, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Zimmern Tours Queens on Bizarre Foods America (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 22 July 2013, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- VH1, Travel Channel Offer Renewals (From Variety - TV News. 15 July 2013, 10:41 AM, PDT)
"Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" (2006)
- Here's your definitive Thanksgiving weekend marathon guide (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 November 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Travel Channel Renews Four Series (From Deadline TV. 7 October 2013, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- 'Bizarre Foods America' Andrew Zimmern: 'Tuesday night is dirty taco night' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 2 September 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)