"Whether it's fishing for snakehead, an invasive species, in Washington, D.C.," Zimmern tells Zap2it, "or taking gyrfalcons out to the hillsides of rural Colorado to go hunting for pheasant, as our weapon of choice, we really have gotten to, this season, show people a wide variety of things about America that I'm not sure everybody realizes exists but is right under their noses and in their backyards."
Zimmern is also interested in sampling what happens when the world's cultures and cuisines collide in America's home and restaurant kitchens.
"We do everything," he says, "from experimenting with Dave Beran and his team at Next in Chicago on how they develop menus for that restaurant, to heading out into the hills of the Ozarks, »
Similar News ItemsTravel Channel [us]
- Big Time Rv, Boat Buyers: Travel Channel Series to Air in March (From TVSeriesFinale. 9 February 2017, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Scripps Networks, ProSiebenSat.1 Ink Multi-Year Deal for Germany (From Variety - TV News. 6 February 2017, 3:42 AM, PST)
- TV News Roundup: Terrence J Lands MTV and VH1 Deal, Travel Channel Brings Vet Journalists to the Screen (From Variety - TV News. 31 January 2017, 3:32 PM, PST)
- Star Sightings: George Clooney Heads Back to Kentucky, Matt Damon Crashes 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' and More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 February 2017, 6:19 PM, PST)
- What Andrew Zimmern Eats in a Typical Day — and Why He Gave Up the ‘French Hooker’s Breakfast’ (From PEOPLE.com. 27 January 2017, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Dinner at Disney’s New Exclusive Restaurant Costs $15,000 (From PEOPLE.com. 27 January 2017, 9:05 AM, PST)
"Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" (2006)
- Andrew Zimmern’s Game Day Crab Dip Will Be Gone Before the First Touchdown (From PEOPLE.com. 3 November 2016, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Bizarre Foods: Production Begins on New Season of Travel Channel Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 September 2016, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- Alkemy X Taps Veteran Cable TV Exec Andy Singer As Evp (From Deadline TV. 5 July 2016, 10:56 AM, PDT)