Thomas Kretschmann, who starred on ABC's "The River" last season, will play Abraham Van Helsing in the series, which stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the title character. Oliver Jackson-Cohen ("Mr. Selfridge") has also joined the cast as Jonathan Harker.
"Dracula" is set in 1890s London and has the undead count posing as an American while he plots revenge on those who made him what he is. In this telling, Van Helsing is also dangerously obsessed with vengeance. Harker, meanwhile, is a journalist and social climber who will do whatever he can to gain access to the upper reaches of society.
Other casting news:
Similar News Items"The Office" (2005)
- Exclusive First Look: Jeffrey Reddick’s ‘Good Samaritan’ With Rainn Wilson (From shocktillyoudrop. 11 July 2014, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Beware: 10 Upsets that could happen on Emmy night (From Gold Derby. 10 July 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Video: Ellie Kemper imagines sci-fi for women with Neko Case and Kelly Hogan (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 July 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Is 'True Detective' worthy? 'Modern Family,' again? The critics react to 2014's Emmy nods (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 July 2014, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Nominations: How Accurate Were Our Predictions? (From Variety - TV News. 10 July 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: Surprises and Snubs (From Moviefone. 10 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Emmy bait: Watch nominees in 25 of the year's best TV scenes (From EW.com - Inside TV. 11 July 2014, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 Schedule for Friday, July 25th (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2014, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Who are Top 10 Emmy contenders for Best Comedy Supporting Actress: Allison Janney, Julie Bowen ...? (From Gold Derby. 4 July 2014, 6:29 AM, PDT)