Jim Berk, Chief Executive Officer of Participant Media announced today that, in conjunction with their upcoming Social Action Campaign, “Stand Tall: Live Like Lincoln,” kicking off on February 12, Steven Spielberg’s critically acclaimed film “Lincoln,” a DreamWorks Pictures/Twentieth Century Fox film, in association with Participant Media, will be distributed to all middle and high schools, both public and private, throughout the United States when the film becomes available on DVD. Participant Media, DreamWorks Pictures and Fox/Newscorp are funding the unparalleled effort with Disney In-Home creating the packaging and Disney Educational Productions handling the distribution.
Compiled and designed by Disney Educational Productions, the DVD package each school will receive includes an Educator’s Guide to help teachers engage in meaningful discussions and complete lesson plans relating to the significance of Abraham Lincoln’s leadership and the importance of that period in our nation’s history.
Speaking of the impetus for the educational outreach, »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- News Bits: Lava, Bfg, Pride, Giver, Apehood, True (From Dark Horizons. 11 July 2014, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- Colin Farrell Is In Talks To Join A TV Hit, The Fantastic Four Cast May Steal The Show At Comic-Con, + More In Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 11 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Steven Speilberg’s take on The Bfg gets a release date (From TheMovieBit. 11 July 2014, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Dakota Johnson to star in Forever, Interrupted (From ScreenDaily. 10 July 2014, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Dakota Johnson on ‘Forever, Interrupted’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2014, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Will These Summer Flings Go the Distance? (From Popsugar. 8 July 2014, 4:27 PM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Channing Tatum Really Hates Mirrors In This Incredible New Foxcatcher Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 2 July 2014, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- EuropaCorp’s Full-Year Results: Revenue Rise 14%, Net Profit Fall 19.4% (From Variety - Film News. 28 June 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- How Indie Producer Jon Kilik Works with Mavericks, from Spike Lee and Gary Ross to Bennett Miller (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 June 2014, 4:21 PM, PDT)