Jim Berk, Chief Executive Officer of Participant Media announced today that, in conjunction with their upcoming Social Action Campaign, “Stand Tall: Live Like Lincoln,” kicking off on February 12, Steven Spielberg’s critically acclaimed film “Lincoln,” a DreamWorks Pictures/Twentieth Century Fox film, in association with Participant Media, will be distributed to all middle and high schools, both public and private, throughout the United States when the film becomes available on DVD. Participant Media, DreamWorks Pictures and Fox/Newscorp are funding the unparalleled effort with Disney In-Home creating the packaging and Disney Educational Productions handling the distribution.
Compiled and designed by Disney Educational Productions, the DVD package each school will receive includes an Educator’s Guide to help teachers engage in meaningful discussions and complete lesson plans relating to the significance of Abraham Lincoln’s leadership and the importance of that period in our nation’s history.
Speaking of the impetus for the educational outreach, »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ’2000 Ad Prog: 1900 & 1901′ Come for Dredd, stay for (most of) the rest (From SoundOnSight. 30 September 2014, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks's Big to be adapted into TV series (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 September 2014, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks Comedy Classic Big Is Getting A TV Adaptation (From We Got This Covered. 30 September 2014, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Wants You to Define Feminism (From Thompson on Hollywood. 28 September 2014, 8:37 AM, PDT)
- The Wind Rises DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 27 September 2014, 3:08 AM, PDT)
- See the Famous Men Who've Posted #HeForShe Selfies for Emma Watson (From PEOPLE.com. 26 September 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Forest Whitaker & Liam Neeson Remake 'The Fugitive' in 1st Trailer for 'Taken 3' (From ShadowAndAct. 30 September 2014, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson is out for revenge and on the run in first trailer for 'Taken 3' (From Hitfix. 30 September 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Counterculture and Hollywood Converge at Mill Valley Film Fest (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)