Jim Berk, Chief Executive Officer of Participant Media announced today that, in conjunction with their upcoming Social Action Campaign, “Stand Tall: Live Like Lincoln,” kicking off on February 12, Steven Spielberg’s critically acclaimed film “Lincoln,” a DreamWorks Pictures/Twentieth Century Fox film, in association with Participant Media, will be distributed to all middle and high schools, both public and private, throughout the United States when the film becomes available on DVD. Participant Media, DreamWorks Pictures and Fox/Newscorp are funding the unparalleled effort with Disney In-Home creating the packaging and Disney Educational Productions handling the distribution.
Compiled and designed by Disney Educational Productions, the DVD package each school will receive includes an Educator’s Guide to help teachers engage in meaningful discussions and complete lesson plans relating to the significance of Abraham Lincoln’s leadership and the importance of that period in our nation’s history.
Speaking of the impetus for the educational outreach, »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Jaws 19 Trailer From Back To The Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 5 October 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks on the Relevance of ‘Bridge of Spies’ and Coens’ Contributions (From The Film Stage. 5 October 2015, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- 16 days until Back to the Future Day: You can finally watch the ‘Jaws 19’ trailer (From Hitfix. 5 October 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Robert Zemeckis on why there will never be a Back to the Future 4 and the future of 3D movies (From Flickeringmyth. 5 October 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- What Pop Culture High Schooler Were You? (From SoundOnSight. 5 October 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon and Animated Vampires Dominate the Weekend Box Office (From Vulture. 4 October 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- ‘Babel’s’ Guillermo Arriaga on Screenwriting, His Novel, Returning to Directing (From Variety - Film News. 3 October 2015, 1:55 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Hear the New James Bond Song; More 'Men In Black' Is On the Way (From Movies.com. 25 September 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon teases Bourne 5 plot (From Flickeringmyth. 25 September 2015, 9:23 AM, PDT)